🌈 🐾

(pic above made by me 😝)
Your P. O. V.

- Maui? - "Well, Maui, that's a nice name you got there" I pointed out, and tried to take another step. I stretched my leg to the front clumsily, and I let it fall to the floor, making a slapping sound in the process. "This is new for me" I muttered to myself, not expecting him to listen.

Apparently he did "Um... I think I can teach you?" He suggested unsure while shrugging.

"Uh? N-no I'm, fine. I just want to return to the ocean." I said and took another clumsy step forward.

"No no no, you are going to learn how to walk first fish lady" He said while pointing to my feet.

I furrowed my brows and glared at him "No, first, I'm not fish lady, my name is (Y/N). And second, please help me get to the ocean." I demanded and walked a few feet away.

"You are going to fall down, come here so I can teach you" He said and motioned me to near him.

"I won't fall, now, just go to you island or whatever " I said while throwing a hand in the air.

"Want to bet?" He said, I turned around and saw him smirking.

"Don't. You. Dare." I said and shot him a death glare.

"One, two... "He stared counting. I snarled and took a step down the stairs. - Hehe I didn't fall. - I took another one until he said "Three!" I whipped my head at him an he blew me away, no, literally. I started to roll down the stairs, hitting my arms and legs at every step. Until something stopped me. "Are you sure you don't want me to teach you?" - That's it -

"No, now release me!"I yelled.

"Hmmm...I think I should bring you to the top again" he said and then chuckled.

I huffed and blew a strand of hair from my face. "Let. Me. Go" I said slowly, in a stern voice. He did, but he let me roll down the stairs, I gasped as I started rolling down the stairs again. Just to hit the cold dirt with my face. I lifted my head and spitted the dirt that got inside my mouth. I earned some laughs from him. "You know, I prefer when you were a baby, you were more cute and less irritating." I muttered and tried to stand up slowly.

"More cute? So I'm cute now~?" He cooed while going down the stairs.

I sighed and grunted "I didn't say that". And with that I stood up and walked towards the ocean.

"Well, I heard so. Now come here human mermaid, or whatever you are now" he said. I didn't listen and continued struggling to walk towards the ocean. "Okay then." He said and a strong gush of wind blew me backwards making me land on my back facing the stars.

I grunted and huffed. "Alright, just basics" I said in between teeth.

He released a victorious shriek and pulled me up.

-----------------

"Eh... I think you're doing better than before" Maui said pointing at my feet. We had already at least an hour and a half, just trying to figure out how to walk. - Yay... how wonderful - Did you see the sarcasm here? I know you did.

"Ugh... can I just go back to the ocean?" I pouted and stared walking towards the shore. He ran towards me and held a hand up stopping me.

"Nope, you still have to learn" He said and crossed his arms.

I smirked "You sure?" I said and pressed a finger on his chest.

He removed it and looked at me with cold eyes. "Yes you are" He said. And I quickly used the things he taught me to start running to his back and towards the shore. He turned around and saw me running away. I laughed and ran faster.

When I was just a few feet away from the shore, I jumped as far as I could and quickly dove into the water. A dim light engulfed me and I felt my tail back, but slightly different. I glanced at myself and saw some new colorful fins growing on the side of my arms and tail, the tip of my tail was also colorful and it grew a bit more. (pic above) I returned to the surface just to see his reaction. And I would say it was priceless. I started laughing so hard, I loose control of my glowing - What? I can glow ya know? - The colorful fins stared glowing, coloring the water around me while so.

"Wow" that's all I heard. I glanced at him, and it made me kind of uncomfortable the way he was eyeing me. I stopped the glowing and dove into the water again. "No! wait!" He yelled and ran into the water. I stopped and turned around. It was kind of weird seeing a small fish swinbg quickly at me. It stopped just in front of me. "Hey, first, don't leave me here alone! I don't even know where am I. And second, do you have an idea from were I might come?" it asked.

I stared at it confused "What makes you think I would scort a fish to an island?" I said and crossed my arms.

He huffed "I'll be back to a human later, just, please take me there" I lifted a brow and looked a round dumb folded. "I'm Maui!!!" it yelled.

"What? Now you are fish? How great" I said while stroking one of my fins lightly. "Besides why would you like to go back, huh? They abandoned you in the ocean, at least I brought you somewhere safe" I exclaimed.

"I have my reasons " he responded. "Just, help me get to my island" He said.

I sighed and face-palmed, "Alright, all you have to do is go up there" I pointed to the top of the mountain. "And look around for one" I said sternly.

He turned around and looked at it. "But, I can't see anything, the sky is so weird, it's kind of bended" He said.

"Well, if you want to see further, then lift it " I said.

"What?" He asked while returning at me.

"You heard me" I said and swam a bit near to the shore. "Go up there and lift the sky, that way you'll see even further" I pointed at the tip again and let my hand drop to my side.

"Well, I might as well try"