Prologue

Prologue

We ran. The sounds of our panicked breaths mixed with the crunching of the leaves beneath our feet to fill the night air, as the sound of the man's footsteps chasing us became closer and closer.

"I'll get you! You'll pay for what he did to me!" the man shouted, laughing crazily. I let out a scared cry, and pushed myself harder, my heart beating frantically inside my chest.

"Luke, c'mon we need to run faster!" I shouted behind me. "Luke, please!" I begged again, still not seeing him run alongside me. It took me a moment to realize that he never responded to either plea. That's when I noticed the shift in the night air, the origin of sounds singling down to just my own breaths and footsteps. I slowed my pace, catching my breath.

"Luke?" I called, turning around. But there was no one there and the field we were running through was completely deserted.

He was gone.

****** I've entered this story into Wattys2015 so I'd love it if y'all could share it on social media with the #Wattys2015 #MyWattysChoice tag! .xx *****

A/N:

hope you're excited for this one just as much as I am :) Please vote and comment!

**

Btw feel free to blow up the comments even though this is completed already. I really don't mind at all. .xx I also dedicate chapters to random commenters

Also, if you want to make an alternate cover, feel free to do so. I might just use it.

~M

© 2014 by MandyVera ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.