thirty two

A/N: ayyee so I started school again, as well as moved out my previous housing so it's been a rough week. Sorry if this chapter is shít, I tried. Kind of a filler too.

Beth.

"I found you." I heard the voice I had been longing to hear say to me, causing me to look up from my cot. Luke stood in front of me, an amused smile plastered on his face. "I have to say, I had difficulty finding you since you weren't at home but I sure didn't expect to find you in a jail cell." He laughed, walking forward to take a seat beside me.

"It's not funny." I muttered, picking at the bobbles of lint on the sheet, not having much else to do.

"No, you're right it's not. It's just the last place I expected goody two-shoes you to end up." He laughed again.

"I'm just full of surprises then I guess." I said back. And apparently so are you.

I refused to look up at him, my emotions conflicted on what to express. One part of me was extremely happy that Luke was here because it meant he really didn't die on me, and that part really just wanted to hug and kiss him with everything I had because the boy I love was still here. But then there was the other part of me that just wanted to keep him at an arm's distance, fearing that he could possibly be a cheater. Maybe I just wasn't good enough for him, even after everything I have done for him; before and after his disappearance.

"You're being awfully distant." Luke noted, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I thought you would at least be happy to see me." He mumbled, looking down as his hand slowly traced the length of my arm to land in his lap.

I looked to the barred window, noticing the dawn light starting to break through and knew Luke and I only had a few more minutes left alone before this place would be swamped with officers once again.

"No, I am it's just..." I sighed, running a hand through my brown curls, not knowing how I should continue.

"Just what?" He asked, pressing his hand gently to my cheek as he turned my head to face him, blue eyes locking with my brown ones.

"Luke, who's Laura Jenkins?" I blurted before I could even regret the words that spilled out my mouth. His eyes widened as his hands dropped from my face, not seeming to expect that to come out of my mouth.

"H-how do you know about Laura?" He stuttered out. My eyes widened at his reaction, a scoff emitting from my mouth.

"Was I not suppose to find out about her?" I bemused, staring at him in disbelief.

He shook his head, running his hands through his quiffed blonde hair . "No, that's not what I meant. I just don't remember mentioning her to you."

I continued to look at him baffled. "I hope you know you're only digging yourself into a deeper hole here, Luke." I told him, scooching away from him in hopes he didn't notice. But of course he noticed, eyeing the sudden new space between us with much confusion.

"What exactly are you speculating me of here, Beth?" He asked, glancing up at me as his expression turned defensive.

"Did you cheat on me with her, Luke?" I asked bluntly. His eyes widened at me, mouth agape.

"What? No! Beth, I love you, why would I do such a thing? I would never try to ruin what we have, babe. You mean too much to me." He defended, hands reaching out to grasp mine in his tightly. He looked at me with pleading eyes, a look of desperation for me to believe him.

I sighed again, pulling my hands slowly away from his as my mind spun. He continued to stare at me as my thoughts ran a whirlwind in my mind, seeming on the verge of panic.