twenty eight

A/N: Hey so shorter chapter, kind of filler, kind of not since it's still important. Enjoy. Also we're almost at 7k reads and 300 votes! Think we can reach that goal for the next update? :)

Luke.

“That little bítch figured it out.” a man groaned, the sound of glass shattering splintering through the air. I inwardly flinched, feeling the goosebumps rise on my skin out of momentary fright.

I paused, relishing the long absent sensation. I could feel.

My mind started rushing realizing that I was once again awake, knowing that what I was hearing was actually occurring with my captor.

“It was going to get out eventually, sir.” an eerily familiar voice responded. A smack resounded through the air, the contact of skin echoing in the room.

“You shut up. This wasn’t supposed to happen this way. Everything is falling apart. First we run out of the anesthesia because damn Holmes just had to go and get caught and now this? The Hemmings boy is going to wake up any moment, we have to figure out how to keep him sedated.” the doctor commanded, the sound of footsteps padding against the floor.

"He's dying, sir. What's the point of keeping him sedated if he's just going to expire on his own in a short while."

"No, no I have to keep him alive for a while longer. He hasn't suffered enough." the doctor responded, his voice sounding far off.

The other male present scoffed. "Hasn't suffered long enough? Luke has been in an induced coma the past few months, I think that's quite long enough! Just let him go in peace." he responded, a twinge of remorse for me sounding in his voice. I was dying? I didn't want to believe that to be the reason for the constant wave of nausea I felt, the pounding headache that beated like sledgehammers against my skull, or the numbness I felt over my entire body. I thought it was a side affect of the anesthesia I have been under for so long, not my body shutting down on me.

"No, not the boy." the doctor replied, his tone signaling that this would be all he would say on the subject matter. A moment of silence fell between the two and the silence rang loud in my ears, pusling in my head.

“I have to ask about Holmes…” the other voice sounded, sounding unsure if he should proceed or not.

“What about him?”

“Did you…?”

“Kill him?" the doctor responded, sounding amused. "Of course. He knows I only hired him to steal the vials so that I wouldn’t be the one to get caught. Bastard had to go and get himself caught. His fault.” the doctor answered, sounding so nonchalant about ending another’s life.

“What did you do?” the other voice responded, sounding appalled.

“Break him out of jail before he could be questioned, and killed him. I couldn’t risk him spilling our secret. I stabbed him right outside the cornfield where I abducted the Hemmings kid. That cornfield is like my m.o., some of my best work has been done there.” the doctor revealed, chuckling darkly and I could hear the sick pride in his voice.

A moment of silence transpired between the two speakers before the doctor spoke up again. “You look a little frightened. You okay, son?”

My mind reeled as I tried to go back in my memories, but my thoughts were too clouded from all the anesthesia that was in my system. I don’t remember the doctor ever bringing a kid to the office when I would accompany my own father to work. The doctor has a kid? Or is he just saying son like one would use the word "dude"? Am I just overthinking this?