twenty nine

A/N:
THAT PIC THOUGH
This is going to sound really weird but I just realized while writing a future chapter that I don't often look at the computer when I'm writing. I actually close my eyes, imagining the scene and I just let my fingers type what I see in my head. I just thought I'd mention it because my mom walked in on me doing that and asked me what the hell I was doing. I guess it would look pretty weird haha

I know my keyboard by heart and I'm a fast typer so it works out.
Also we were really close to the goal I set so I decided to give y'all the Saturday update :)

Beth.

I sat across from Officer Holmes at the interrogation table which, no surprise, they rarely ever used since crimes of this extremity were seldomly committed.

My hands were handcuffed to the table, arms separated in front of me.

Officer Holmes looked at me with a slightly confused expression, but nevertheless continued his job.

"I never expected us to be in this situation to be honest." he started, clasping his hands in front of him.

I scoffed, my mind in agreeance. "Neither did I."

"None of us knew, you know. The other officers? It was only the Sheriff and apparently Holden who had suspicions of you."

"How coincidental."

"We never saw the updated file. We all believed it to be a cold case when you were notified it as well." He said, seeming to have trouble convincing himself that I was apparently the murderer all along.

"Aren't you supposed to be interrogating me, Officer?" I questioned him, not wanting to hear anymore of how clueless the people in this station were of their chief. It was embarrassing on their part. A new chief swarms in just a week before the incident, then a well-known doctor just falls off the face of the earth and they think nothing of it? These people certainly didn’t know how to do background checks.

"Right." He responded, clearing his throat. “You can start by telling me what exactly happened the night of April 30th.”

I sighed, leaning back in my seat as I began to tell my side of the story.

“That evening Luke and I decided to change things up by going to the diner in the main part of town. Usually we spend our dates on his couch watching films because let’s face it, he was as broke as a teenage boy gets.” I laughed, my mind flashing before me the events of that night prior to the incident. “But that night he told he wanted to spoil me, even if it was just the diner. So we went and were just our usual selves, arguing over cheese fries and just enjoying our time together. We discussed a potential summer job he was going to have with Ashton’s dad, and we also saw our friend Michael there. Nothing at the diner was unusual. After that is when everything happened. We left the diner and Luke almost hit this guy with the diner door, but didn’t even notice since he was talking to me. I wanted to apologize to the man but Luke was still talking to me, not giving me a chance. So I decided to brush it off. However, after walking for a while I had the feeling we were being followed. I looked behind us and noticed the same man that Luke almost hit with the door at the diner, with these distinctive grey rimmed glasses, was following us. He looked away from me when I caught him looking, but I knew better. I tried to convince Luke to look back but he wasn’t budging until I practically begged him. When he did, recognition crossed his face. He knew the man, and he was scared. We started running, trying to lose the older man and I was panicking. I thought we were about to die. Of course, it didn’t even compare to what I felt later.