twenty three

A/N: i think i'm going to develop a posting schedule, so I feel more obligated to post lol any ideas of what days?

Luke

“I’m not sure if I want to go in anymore.” she panicked, two hands pressed firmly on the sides of the steering wheel. I reached over, turning the key in the ignition so that the car would shut off.

“If you don’t, you know you’re not going to be able to sleep at night.” I told her, knowing her habits really well. She turned to look at me, an expression of complete uncertainty displayed on her face.

“I’m scared.” she gulped, turning her head to look back at Michael’s house.

“Of what?” I asked, shifting in the passenger seat to get a better view of her. She sighed, looking down to stare at her intertwined hands in her lap now.

“I don’t think I want to find out that one of my close friends has been lying to me all this time, too. One thing is assuming that he did it, and another is actually knowing.” she shrugged, fiddling with her fingers.

I sat back in the seat, sighing as I took in her words. “Maybe we are just missing something here.” I reasoned, not really wanting to believe that Michael may have had something to do with my disappearance either. She shrugged as well.

“Maybe we are.” she muttered. A moment of silence passed between us before she shook her head, as if physically trying to rid herself of her thoughts. Letting out a loud groan of what I guess was nervousness, she turned to me, releasing a few deep breaths as well. “You’re coming inside with me right?” she asked, seeming to mentally psych herself up for what she was about to do.

“Of course, babe.” I nodded, reaching forward for her hands.

“Then let’s do this.”

**

Beth

“What are you doing here, Beth?” Michael asked me, closing the door behind us as he looked at me in confusion.

“We need to talk.” I told him, crossing my arms over my chest as I turned to him. He visibly gulped and ran a hand across the back of his neck.

“Is this about our fight the other day? Because I swear, Beth, I really didn’t mean half the things I said. I was mad and I don’t know why I blew up at you the way I did, but I’m sorry.” He said, and I could see the sincerity in his eyes. In my peripheral vision I saw Luke walk over to sit at the base of the stairs, and I tried not to let my eyes follow since Michael would see nothing if he looked as well.

“Oh no, I know why you did it, why you were scared.” I threw at him, raising an eyebrow. Michael froze in front of me, seeming to stop breathing as well.

“W-What are you talking about?” He stuttered, shaking his head.

“You want to explain the Atropa belladonna, Michael, or do you want me to do it for you?” I  asked, shifting my weight to one foot. I realized my tone sounded more sassy than angry and I wasn't sure if that was the route I was going for.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Beth.” He responded, backing up a little.

“Don’t lie to me, Michael. You know I work at the station, I’ve read your file. Why would you do that? What did you need it for? Are you part of what’s responsible for Luke’s disappearance? I’m onto you, Michael, you might as well tell me now.” I blew up at him, taking a step closer to him with each question as he continued backing up.