thirteen

Short chapter, sorry! But hey I updated lol
Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

Beth.

"Luke." I squeaked out, my eyes widening at his presence.

"Oh, you remember my name! Well at least you remember something." He spat, venom laced in his voice. I've never seen him so mad before and it terrified me.

"I'm so sorry, Luke. I can't believe I just forgot. I was going to come back I swear." I ran up to him placing my hands on his arms in reassurance. He didn't react to my touch, just stayed rigidly still as he glared at me.

"Oh yeah, you were going to come back to me after you were done with your two other boyfriends?" He hissed and it was then that I realized that he wasn't extremely angry at the fact that I left him back at the coffee shop. He was jealous.

I sighed, retracting my touch and stepping back from him so I could look up at him easier.

"Luke, calm down. You're jealous, but trust me nothing happened."

He scoffed. "You want me to calm down? Maybe I have a right to be jealous, Beth. How would you like it if I left you with Michael and Ashton to talk to some hot officer chick then ran off on a date with another chick who I knew was trying to get in my pants!" He yelled, and I could see his chest rising as he was trying to control his emotions. I couldn't help but wonder if it was really necessary to breathe seeing as he wasn't actually there but I don't think now would be the appropriate time to ask that.

"Holden was just trying to make sure I was holding up fine after--"

"See! That's exactly what I mean! You call him Holden, it's Officer Brooks, Beth. You don't get on first name basis with a cop like him."

"Like him?"

"You know exactly what I mean." He said pointedly. "And now I find you here with Calum, smiling and laughing together over pizza. The only guy who should be making you smile and laugh like that is me." He argued. That infuriated me. I was allowed to have guy friends, he didn't own me.

"Luke, I think that you forget that everyone believes you're dead! Calum is just a friend who is trying to be there for me, and you don't seem to have a problem when Michael or Ashton make me "smile or laugh"." I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

"That's different."

"It's really not. Now are you done?" I asked him, tired of all this arguing over nothing.

"No."

I groan, throwing my head back in frustration. I feel Luke's presence come closer, and I lift my head back up to its normal stance observing how Luke now stood right in front of me. He placed his hands on both of my cheeks, cupping my face softly in his hands. As his face drew closer, I knew what was coming next. Gently, he pressed his lips to mine in a short, but meaningful kiss. I felt myself relax at his touch,

"Now I'm done." He whispered, but when I opened my eyes he had disappeared into thin air again.

"Luke, I can't tell them. Not yet." I whispered, standing at my doorway with Luke on the front porch in front of me. I could hear my parents laughing over a comedy show in the living room, not even aware that their daughter was having a discussion with her boyfriend that they didn't know about yet, at the front door.

"Why not? I don't want to be just "that friend" that comes over a lot, Beth. I want them to know." He sighed, seeming more hurt than mad.

"And they will! I promise, just not yet." I whispered back, signaling to Luke to lower his voice. He huffed, grabbing my arm and dragging me out the house and closing the front door behind me.