Chapter Twenty-Six

"That was a fun little vacation." Jai says, popping the trunk to his car that he left at the airport.

He puts his and Imani's luggage into the trunk, before unlocking the doors. He opens her door for and then goes to his seat. Imani adores the fact he always opens the door for her, it shows that Jai is a true gentleman. She feels guilty about getting upset. She overreacts sometimes, but she's never been in a relationship before, so she really doesn't know how to act. 

"It was," she smiles once Jai starts to pull off, "I'm glad you came."

"Me too." He takes her hand in his and drives with one. He rubs his thumb along the back of her hand.

"I guess I'll text Cara and tell her I'm on my way home, just in case she has Chad over. Who knows what they've been doing while I've been gone." She shivers. "You know what, I don't even wanna think about it."

"You can come back to mine." He chuckles. "It's really no problem."

"But I have all my clothes that I need to wash." She protests.

"And I have a washing machine."

It's not like she doesn't want to go over Jai's house. After a long vacation, you just want to go back to your own place. It's something special about your own bed and being comfortable in it. It's something about taking a shower at your own place. She really thinks that she has been getting on Jai's nerves this whole trip, and she doesn't want to be a burden. She doesn't want to overdo it, in fear that she'd make him irritated again.

"Jai, it's late. I t—"

"—if you don't want to come over, just say so. Don't beat around the bush." He interrupts her.

"I mean, I would, but I don't wanna get on your nerves." She says. "I feel like I got on your nerves during vacation."

"No babe, you didn't get on my nerves." He chuckles, shaking his head. "Though, if it's anything I learned it's that you become a spoiled brat when you're around your family. You act a certain way."

"No, I do not!" She gasps.

"Yes, you do." He laughs, nodding his head.

"How?"

"You just do. It's obvious your family loves you very much, so I'm sure you get your way." He assumes.

Well, he's not wrong. She does get what she wants most of the time, but that doesn't mean she gets everything. Imani is a simple girl; she doesn't ask for much and doesn't expect much in return.

"Maybe." She playfully rolls her eyes. "I don't know."

"Baby, so are you gonna stop playing and come over?" He looks at her briefly and pouts.

"Yeah, I'll come." She smiles.

When they get to Jai's apartment, it's dark outside and all they really want to do is go to sleep. They have one more day of break left and they decided that they are going to spend it lounging around. 

Jai didn't allow Imani to bring any bags inside, so he had to make a double trip to and from his car. She was really persistent on carrying something, but he wouldn't let her.