Chapter Sixteen

"Can you make some more popcorn?" Imani looks up at Jai. Her head is resting in his lap and they are sprawled out on the couch.

"No, lazy butt," Jai shakes his head, "you can get up and make some yourself."

"I don't like you." She playfully says, standing up from the couch.

"Help me up." He holds out his hand and she pulls him up from the couch.

They walk into the kitchen and Jai grabs a popcorn packet out of the cabinet. He rips the plastic off of it and sticks it in the microwave. He sets the popcorn for about a minute and thirty seconds because he doesn't want the popcorn to burn.

"What movie do you wanna watch next?" Imani asks, hopping upon on the counter.

"I was thinking we could just lay down in the bed and talk. I like talking to you." Jai honestly says, walking to stand in front of Imani.

He opens her legs a bit and stands in between them. He lazily wraps his arms around her waist and pecks her lips.

"What was that for?" She giggles.

"Because I felt like it." He says, moving to rest his head in the crook of her neck. He sighs in contentment, enjoying the feeling of simply being with Imani.

"I guess we can just talk." She says shyly.

"I'm kind of sleepy." He chuckles. "I'll probably fall asleep, but that's cool."

"True." She yawns coincidentally. They sit in a comfortable silence for a while, before Imani's nose scrunches up in disgust. "Jai, I think we burned the popcorn."

"Oh shoot, I completely forgot about that, just that fast." He quickly pulls away from their embrace to get the now burnt popcorn out of the microwave. He doesn't even try to open it; he just throws the bag in the trash.

"I don't even want anything anymore. That just made me mad." Imani frowns.

"You're right." Jai chuckles and holds out his hand. "Come on."

They walk hand in hand to Jai's bedroom because somehow, the two can't seem to keep their hands off of each other. Lately, Jai's been craving Imani and not in a sexual way either. He craves to be close to her, both physically and emotionally. That is exactly why he wants to cuddle and talk about life with her. That is all he really wants. Imani is just the same, as well. Being as close to a human being as she is with Jai, it is a scary and foreign feeling to her, but she really enjoys it all the same. Being with each other excites them.

"Whoo, it's dark in here." Imani thinks out loud when they enter Jai's room.

"Good thing I know my way around my room." Jai smartly jokes.

Jai leads them to the bed and lies down on it. He pulls Imani with him and she lands on top of him. He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her even closer, getting comfortable on the bed.

"This feels much better than the couch." He chuckles.

"That you're right." She nods her head, placing a hand on his chiseled chest.

"You know what I've been thinking about?" He says after a moment of comfortable silence.

"Hmm?" She hums.