Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The waiter brings the food out, and the gang instantly dig in. Everyone ordered burgers and fries, except for Teagan who brought a salad full of healthy fruits and assorted nuts—as if they don't sell salad here. It is like that is all Teagan ever eats. Imani knew she should have ordered the chicken tenders as soon as she sees how big the burger is. How is she going to eat that without being messy? If she was in her dorm room and by herself, she would smash on the delicious food that was placed in front of her. However, she is in public and there is a hot guy sitting right next to her. There is no neat way of eating a burger; she's going to look messy.

"This looks good." Casey licks her lips and takes a huge bite out of her burger. She obviously doesn't care who's watching her eat.

"You need to be eating a salad like me." Teagan gags at the smell of the burgers she is surrounded by.

"Why did you bring your own food?" Chad asks her, furrowing his eyebrows. "You know you could've ordered a salad from here, right?"

"Yeah, but it's not the same as making my own." Teagan scrunches her nose.

"Okay, weird." He rolls his eyes and yelps when Cara slaps him on the chest.

"Stop being rude." She scoffs. "He's very sorry, Teagan. I get what you're saying."

"Thank you, at least somebody understands why I like making my own food that is healthy."

"So, how's the food? It seems like you haven't taken a bite out of your burger yet?" Casey snickers to Imani. Casey has a devious smirk on her face and she is going to hear it from Imani when they are alone.

Imani huffs and takes a bite out of the burger, only to have a ketchup and mustard covered pickled fall onto her white shirt.

"Damn it." She mutters to herself, placing the burger back on the plate.

She searches the table for a napkin, while her friends are laughing at her. This is the most embarrassing thing that could happen; she spilled something on her shirt in front of Jai. She looks like a complete idiot who doesn't even know how to eat her food correctly.

"Here you go." Jai holds out a napkin to her.

"Thanks." She mumbles, taking the napkin and wiping her shirt.

Some of the ketchup and mustard comes off on the napkin, but she knows it'll only be clean if she washes it. Now she has to go to the block party like this because there is no way she is going all the way back to her dorm room just to pick something else to wear. She'll just have to cover the stain up with her long sweater.

Imani is even more embarrassed that Jai is the one to hand her a napkin. He must think she is a complete fool and she didn't even try to do it—it was a complete accident. She knew she should have gotten the stupid chicken tenders.

Damn, damn, damn.

"It must be dreamy." Casey smirks again and Imani knows her words have a double meaning to them. Imani narrows her eyes at Casey and Casey laughs. Sometimes she really can't stand Casey.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Teagan, come help me." Imani says, grabbing Teagan's arm without giving her much of a choice.

Once they are in the bathroom, Teagan bursts into laughter and Imani crosses her arms over her chest.

"It's not funny, that was so embarrassing!" Imani covers her face with her hands.

"Come on, you gotta admit that it was funny." Teagan chuckles.

"No." Imani groans. "I bet Jai thinks I'm a loser or something."

"So, we finally got to see Mister Dreamy Guy." Teagan wiggles her eyebrows. "Cara told me and she also told me that you liked him because you asked about him."