§~{ CHAPTER 38 }~§

~{ Max's .P.O.V. }~

I don't know what I was thinking, leaving you behind? Now I suffer the curse, knowing now I am blind! With all this anger, guilt and sadness coming to haunt me forever!

I can't wait for the cliff at the end of the river...

Is this guilt I am seeking or seeking someone to sooth me? Stuck in my own paradox, I wanna set myself free from this predicament. Maybe I should chase and find you, Emma; before she tries to stop me or it won't be long before I'll become her puppet.

It's been so long since I last have seen you, Emma. Lost to this monster.

Since you've been gone, I've been singing this stupid song so I could ponder my own sanity of a lover.

I wish I lived in the present with the gift of my past mistakes, but, the future keeps luring me in like a pack of snakes. Your sweet little eyes. Your beautiful smile, is all I remember. Those fuzzy memories mess with my temper.

Justification is killing me but killing isn't justified.

What happened to me, Emma? I'm terrified... It lingers in my mind and the thought keeps on getting bigger.

I'm sorry my sweet babygirl.

I wish I've been a better lover.

I will be a better lover.

I'll make things right!

Ember is coming over today, I'll just end it with her tonight.

"MAX! EMBER IS HERE!" I heard my little sister, Nora call from the living room.

I waited for Ember at the foot of my bed with a heavy heart.

I watched as she landed rear first on my bed.

"Hello Maxie." The brunette smiled as she crawled off the bed and walked over to me and draped her arms around my neck as she held me in her strong like hold. "Did you miss me, Maxie?" Ember smiled as she leans in for a kiss.

"Ember I n-need to tell you something."

"What is it Maxie?" She asks.

"It's Max..." I say to her with a stern look upon my face. "I don't love you anymore Ember, I never have. I thought that come everyday in my brain but really? How can I forget my first sighted love. How can I forget her baseless jokes. How can I forget our first dance together. But I have to forget all this. After all it's a ONE SIDED LOVE. Some love stories can never be complete but I would like to complete mine with Emma. So I don't love you anymore Ember."

"You don't love me anymore, I can feel it. The way you looked at me changed. The way we used to talk changed. The things we promised to do together changed. The way you always say you love me changed. Love between us is changing. You are changing. So am I..." Ember spoke.

Then she started to laugh as thunder mysteriously began to burst and crackle through the sky. "I love you Max but you don't love me. I am not what you think. Many sins are hidden in this smile. Many hearts got broken in this smile. Many connections but zero validities of love. You are different. I don't know why. The evil of mine got lost in you."

"You are EVIL!"

"I won't deserve you. Don't love me." She smiles and says. "I love the evil, but I guess my love kills that evil. What an irony." She laughed.

"Thank you for understanding Ember."

"It's Vidalia." She smiled as she told me her actual name.

"Vidalia?"

"I've changed it since I've been with Cameron." She admitted with a sad smile flitted across her lips.

"CAMERON..." That name.

"MAX!" I heard Phoebe call my name from the living room. "COME UPSTAIRS NOW!"

"I'M BUSY PHOEBE!"

"IT'S URGENT MAX! NOW COME UP!" Phoebe yelled before it suddenly became silent.

Vidalia and I quickly rushed up the stairs to the living room where Phoebe, Cherry, Billy, Nora, Mom and my Dad were currently situated in.

"In coming message from Cameron Crab." The intercom said from the our T.V.

"Isn't that King Crab's son?" Nora asked.

"Where are his pincers?" Billy asked.

( Cameron = Underlined )

It's nice to hear your voice, my friend.

Where's Emma?

She's taking a little snooze at the moment with the crabs. *laughs*

WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?! TELL ME!!!

Listen closely, I'm at my father's lair, I have your precious Emma and her family, and if you want to keep them alive, I need you to get in your suit and fly down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill the one you love. Deal?

Deal, but once I get there you won't be around much longer once I'm through with you!

See you soon, Max.

[ End of Call ]

"Max?" My mom, dad, sisters, brother and Vidalia  soon all turn their attention to me once the call ended.

I turns around and stare at them with pure anger in my dark blue blue eyes.

"Just so we're clear, the sun sets in about eight hours. If we don't succeed before then, Emma and her family will be steamed." I explained to them coldly and I didn't care, Cameron was on my mind and taking him down and rescuing my one true love was my only mission. "Now, lets go!"

~{Author's Note}~
HELLO EVERYONE! THIS STORY IS ALMOST DONE!!! IS ANYBODY ELSE CRYING OR IS IT JUST ME! AS WE WATCH THESE CHARACTERS GROW, MOSTLY EMMA AND NOW EMMA IS CAPTURED BY CAMERON. DO YOU THINK SHE'LL ESCAPE ALONG WITH HER FAMILY? WILL MAX SAVE HER? ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!❤️😭😘
What do you guys think what will happen next? (Please share your ideas❤😊)

Hi everyone, I hope you like the chapter.
[READ. VOTE.COMMENT]

Love you All❤❤❤
Happy December 2nd❄️