Chapter Nineteen: The First One Is The Worst One

Start from the beginning

“You two are really cute,” Niall said randomly. I looked away from Harry to him, my eyebrows pulled up. “Like, I want you two to actually date.” He said bluntly. My eyes widened and out of the corner of my eye I could see Harry’s actions mimic mine.

Louis coughed awkwardly before looking at Harry. “How’s Elizabeth?”

“She’s great,” Harry shifted his attention to Louis. “I talked to Paul, and I might actually get to go see her later this week. It would only be for a day but at least it is in person. I could really use time with her.” Harry’s hand slipped off my knee. I turned to the other boys, letting them talk in private.

“So...” I started off.

“I’m not kidding,” Niall said again as he pressed the awkward topic on us.

“Shut it, Niall,” I pointed the fork that I stole from Harry at him. “I want you and Abigail to date,” the words that left my mouth caused the blondie’s cheeks to heat up. 

“She’s alright,” he said shyly.

“Alright? Oh please,” Liam laughed as he joined our conversation. “You never shut up about how fiery and passionate you think she is!”

“Bro!” Niall said. His mouth dropped open at Liam. “How could you say that! She’ll tell Abi that!”

“Will not,” I rolled my eyes. “I’m not as big as a gossip as Tammy.”

“Are you gonna ask her out?” Zayn looked at Niall, who just looked at us frantically.

“I don’t know! Let’s focus on someone else! Like you!” He pointed to Zayn. “Situation on Sarah?”

Zayn shrugged before taking a long sip of water. “We’ve talked... I don’t think she really wants to be a girlfriend of a celebrity after hearing Chris," he corrected, "complain all the time.” 

“I do not complain all the time.” I glared playfully.

“Yes you do.” Zayn countered back.

“You guys really do make me feel like a dad with the constant bickering.”

“Love you,” I smiled happily at Liam.

“Love you too,” Liam pinched my cheeks. 

~

“Pile in, kids!” Liam shouted as we walked outside. We all got back in the car in our original spots, Harry and I occupying the very back. Harry hadn’t really talked or touched me ever since Louis and him talked. Harry became engrossed in his phone as I yawned. The ride back to the hotel was about 20 minutes but it was already getting late. I don’t know how the boys weren’t dead after the performance. Just watching them and sitting with them to meet fans took all the energy out of me. These boys were walking gods, I swear. I let my eyes slip close... just for a second.

~

“Chris,” my named was called softly. “Chris, come on get up.”

“W-What?” I said drowsily. 

“Come on, time to get out.” I opened my eyes to see an awaiting Zayn. I crawled over the seats and out of the car just to have him pick me up bridal style. “The boys are making their way to the elevator.” He explained. The way he walked with me made it seem as if I weighed as light as a feather. This boy was toned under this shirt. “We’re close so once we get up to the room you can go back to sleep.”