Chapter 18: Bury Me, And Set Me Free

They buried him on a Thursday.
Bobby was there, along with Sam and Lizbeth. They didn't burn him. No, he deserved better. Sam insisted on it. They pushed a wooden cross in the ground as a grave marker. The thought haunted Lizbeth.
Dean.
In a grave.
It was horrible.
The weather wasn't rainy, like you'd think it would be. Quite the opposite, actually. The weather was beautiful. Sunny, without a cloud in the sky.
Lizbeth despised it.
The weather should've been made of gloom. Everything just felt so very blue, so sad. Hell, it should have been raining blood! Her brother was dead. For the second time in her life, her brother was dead.
Sam wasn't taking it well either. Within three days, he left Lizbeth and told her ominously that he would "bring Dean back".
Yet no demon would deal with him.
Lizbeth hunted. A lot. It would take her mind off of it. In fact, it did a lot of good. And Sam... She rarely heard from him. Apparently he was hunting demons with Ruby. Lizbeth didn't like it, but she let him anyway.
Yet when she wasn't calling Sam, or hunting, or helping Bobby with whatever the heck, she was sad.
She missed Dean.
They all did.
Sam got new a phone and phone numbers. Lizbeth did too. It felt better not to hold something that Dean had used or texted about a thousand times.
Bobby kept his number, though. There was too many hunters that depended on him for help. It would be far too much of a hassle for everyone to write down a new number while they got hacked to pieces by a skin walker.
Months went by, and Lizbeth learned not to care.

******
So this takes place in-between seasons 3 and 4, so stay with me here.