Chapter twenty nine: Licking.

29|Licking.

"What do you want?" I answered the phone, keeping my eyes closed. I pulled the screen back from my face and checked the time, 2:29am.

"You know you can still come over right?" Was all he said, like we didn't have an argument a few hours earlier.

"Luke. What. do. you. want?" I was more agitated now, I was tired and wanted to sleep.

"I want you to know that it's ok if you still need to come round because of your parents or if you can't sleep and need someone to cuddle with..." he whispered, so quiet it was almost silent.

"I'm fine." I whispered back, not wanting to wake anyone.

"So are you coming over?" A hint of hope was in his voice, wishing for me to come over.

"No? Can I hang up now?" I was confused as he acted like he completely forgot the argument.

"No! Um... don't... I want to talk to you."

"Luke. It's nearly 3:00am. You can talk to me tomorrow. Now can I hang-"

"No! Please... come over, you're awake now."

"I'm awake because of you. Luke just tell me what you want, I'm tired."

"I...uh... can I... look-" he paused, finally saying what he wanted.

"I'm sorry. I've just never been away from you for that long, I want to travel the world with you too Annie. You're my best friend. I can't sleep with you being mad at me, it doesn't feel right. " He sighed and I could here shuffling from the other end of the call.

"What're you doing?" I asked as the shuffling got louder.

"I'm coming over, unlock your window." Before I could object he hung up. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed, unlocking my window.

I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair, not wanting to look completely homeless. I looked out my window to see how he was going to attempt to climb up. The trellis that hasn't had anything growing on it for years.

Sliding up my window, a thud was heard before an 'ow'. I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it. I covered my mouth so I wasn't too loud. A dint in my bed formed, then I started to sink into the body next to me. "You're freezing!" I said, trying to wiggle out of his grip.

"And you're so warm." He pulled my body closer to his and hummed into my neck.

"Are we friends again?" He asked, now whispering into the crook of my neck as our bodies rested on one another. He pulled me so I was on top of him completely, my legs between his.

"We never stopped, You're not getting rid of me that quick, Luke." I smiled against his neck, half my face against the pillow below me.

"I'm never getting rid of you, I need you. I need my cuddle buddy." He chimed, the words ruffling into my hair. His lips pressed onto my neck, not in a kissing manner, in a weird teenage boy manner.

"Did you just lick me?" I lifted my head slightly, surprised by this action.

"Mmhmm." He hummed, now pressing his nose to my neck.

"Why?" I asked, trying not to show how weird I thought this was.

"Will you FaceTime me every night on tour? And text me every day? And call me whenever you feel sad or scared or even happy? I don't want to forget your voice." He whispered, now placing his lips on my neck.

"I'll do whatever you want. You won't forget my voice, you better not forget me. You're important to me." I pushed my nose so it was behind his ear, rubbing it up and down once.