chapter twenty two: Goosebumps.

22|Goosebumps.

8:30am my alarm started beeping. rolling over I flicked it off before sitting up and yawning.

Showering, drying My hair and doing my make-up, took me around 45minutes. "Wake up, Luke. We've gotta go the studio soon, you'll want to shower wont you?" I whispered poking his cheek and giggling lightly.

" but 'm tireddd..." he groaned swatting my hand off of him.

"Why? what time did you get to sleep?" I sat on the edge of the bed as we had our slightly one-sided conversation.

"'bout an 'our after you." he pulled the duvet over his face as I started giggling again.

"could you not sleep? was I too heavy? I'm sorry I was completely out, I hadn't slept the night before so-"

"you were perfect, I just couldn't sleep. at least you got some sleep, that's good." he shuffled up so he was rested on the headboard and rubbed his eyes. I smiled to myself with the words he chose, I know it meant nothing but to be referred to as 'perfect' made my heart flutter for a moment, a rouge blush spotting my cheeks.

Luke noticed my smile and it made him have one of his own. I looked up at him, gazed at him for a moment, before nudging his arm playfully ahead of getting up and strutting out the room, his eyes wondering after me.

"Cal? Calum? you need to wake up now. everyone else is downstairs having breakfast. I brought you some cereal up, you've got to get to the studio in an hour." I wiped the hair out of his face as he sat up and ate the cereal. running downstairs to eat with the others, I jumped onto the couch and tucked into my coco pops.

-

"Can you play 'Gotta Get Out' please? I love that one." I requested with a smug smile as I spoke through the microphone. Behind the studio window, I grinned as wide as I could trying to get them to play it.

"We've already recorded that though, we should probably finish the other songs." Calum suggested as he finished tuning his bass.

"Pleaseee... I've already wrote the next song, and i've done a few more lyrics for the one you were working on. Pleaseee." I begged, my finger lingering on the mic button.

"Fine, only because you have probably written an amazing song." Calum rolled his eyes sarcastically before strumming a few notes.

"Love you, Cal." I smiled before giving him a wink and turning off my mic.

Even when the sky is falling down

Even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet

I closed my eyes and swayed my body as they kept singing, the smile still covering my face. When the chorus came around I started miming along, tapping my finger every time Ashton hit his drum. the last 'We just gotta get out's came along and I opened my eyes and over dramatically applauded them through the mic.

"Amazing as always, thank you." They bowed as I spoke, saying their own thank yous.

"What have you written then Annie, for 'If you don't know', have you finished it?" They all put their instruments down and walked into my side of the studio.

"I mean, you can change it, its just what was in my head at the time." I shrugged as I passed Calum the notebook with the new lyrics I had finished off. "I was thinking this could start the song, so it would go

Tonight we're fading fast

I just wanna make this last

If I could say the things that I wanna say,