The Sanctuary

AN: I'm not gonna tell about the PandaMallows wedding here anymore because that's their story and putting it here will be a spoiler. We'll focus on DeiJayTeena.

~~~~~

"Do you have everything you need?" Anne asked RJ and Dei as they got into the car, ready to drive away.

"Yes mom, I checked. We have everything," Dei replied.

"Bye, princess, enjoy the beach," Anne said, waving at Athena who was settled on her carseat at the back of Ted's car. "Dei, take care of Athena okay? Keep your eyes on her at the beach."

"Of course, mom. Don't worry," Dei said, kissing Anne and Ted from the window. "Bye now! It's a 6 hour drive, we have to leave now."

"Okay. Drive safely, RJ," Ted told his son-in-law. "Bye princess."

"Bye gwama, bye gwampa!" Athena waved from her seat as RJ started steering out of the driveway.

"You know the way, right?" Dei asked as they started cruising the road.

"Yep. Richard gave me instructions. Plus we're using the GPS," RJ answered.

"Daddy Fowzen?" Athena called from the backseat.

"This car doesn't have a TV, princess, but mommy will play the songs on her phone," RJ said, looking at her through the rear view mirror. "You do have the songs right?" he asked Dei.

"Some of them, yes," Dei answered. "Just listen to the radio, princess, okay?"

"Kay."

6 and a half hours later...

"Mommy watow," Athena said.

Dei reached for the water bottles placed on a plastic basket on the backseat and helped Athena drink from one.

"Chocodee?"

"No, princess, you're not eating the chocolates grandma gave you."

"When are you gonna give her a break, babe?"

"When we're not on a long drive with no idea where to go," Dei said curtly.

"I know where to go, babe," RJ insisted, glancing at her.

"Riiight. And yet we've passed this plaza for about three times now. You know it would be easier to ask directions, right? I don't think your GPS is as reliable here or we would've already reached our destination half an hour ago."

RJ sighed. "Fine, I'll look for someone to ask."

"Which you should have already done an hour ago..."

"Dei," he said firmly.

"Just saying," she shrugged.

Driving a bit farther on the road, RJ saw a middle aged man walking on the shoulder, and he asked for directions. Apparently, RJ had missed a turn 2 kilometers back but they were already very close to the Sanctuary.

"I know what you're gonna say," RJ said as he drove back the right way they'd

"Yep. I told you so," Dei said, smirking. She looked at the backseat because Athena had suddenly become quiet and found her already sleeping. "Athena has fallen asleep again."

"Good. We can get some proper rest when we get there."

They arrived at the Sanctuary 20 minutes later and Dei looked at the place in awe. "Wow. This place is huge... and really nice. Did Richard really buy this for Maine?" she asked, amazed.