Wolf

RJ was already waiting outside her office building when Dei got off from work. He gave her a small wave from inside the car and she smiled at him.

"You're early," she said as she slid into the passenger seat. She reached over and pulled him in for a quick kiss.

"Yea, we wrapped up early today since we have spent the whole day finishing everything," RJ said as he drove out of the curb. "That's the reason why I wasn't able to text you anymore, but I got your messages. I'm not angry like you're thinking."

"What do you think about it, though?" Dei asked.

"Well I'm surprised that he confessed," he said after heaving a huge sigh. "Did you confront him about it?"

"I actually didn't," Dei answered. "He was still acting all normal and cheerful when I entered the conference room this morning. He even asked how the holiday celebrations went. Then I had to leave to talk to Shannon and when I came back I found him looking distressed and he asked to talk to me. It turned out Christine texted him with a threat. He showed me the text message, and RJ, I can't believe you were with that woman for three years. She's... evil. Worse than that, actually."

"Trust me, I can't believe it too," RJ answered, shaking his head. He heaved another sigh as he turned a corner. "Now about JC... I'd like to say that I don't believe him. He's Christine's cousin after all. But I understand why you would, babe, him being a father and all. And I know how persuasive Christine can be. She's really good at getting people to do what she wants them to do. I mean, she had me wrapped around her fingers for several months after we broke up... Maybe she used JC's desperation to her advantage. Still, that doesn't make me feel less angry at him. Let's face it, him agreeing to do it at all, no matter how much he knew or didn't know, is just despicable. I mean that was their plan? To make you fall for him?" He took a deep breath as he felt his heart starting to pound like crazy with rage.

Dei touched his face to sooth his anger. She could feel him getting all worked up again.

"He may have been desperate, but he should have had more sense not to agree with her condition, especially if it means hurting somebody in the end. I don't know, Dei..."

Dei nodded but didn't speak.

RJ glanced at her. "I'm standing by what I promised you on Christmas Day though. I'm not gonna bug you about this. I trust your judgement, Dei, and I also trust that you'd know what to do. If he turns out to be ok after all, then that's good..."

"I'm really willing to give him a chance, and I hope you would too, like we did with Tim. All people deserve second chances right? Besides, he really hasn't done anything..."

"Then so be it," RJ replied. "I'd still keep my guards up though if I were you."

"Of course," she replied. She smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he parked the car on their space. "Thank you for trusting me."

He grinned back at her and kissed her hand. "I love you, Dei."

"And you know how much I love you too," she responded.

++++++

JC watched as the little boy played with the new set of legos he just bought him. The boy was sat on the floor, his little bushy eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he started building what looked like a huge fortress.

JC smiled. The boy was really very creative at his age. He couldn't remember himself being that awesome when he was that young.

"Are you loving the new toy, Tommy?" he asked.

The little boy just gave him a quick glance, nodded with a smile, and then brought his attention back to his toy.

JC stood up and started preparing dinner. He was just about to place the pasta noodles in the boiling water when the doorbell rang.

Tommy looked at the door but didn't stand up to open it, still busy with his toy, and JC shook his head with a patient smile.

He walked over to the door and opened it himself.

"Hi JC! I'm really sorry, I didn't expect the number of people at the store today and we had no choice but to go on overtime," a young lady said as she stood on the door. "I hope Tommy didn't give you a hard time."

"He didn't, he just did his thing like always," JC replied as she gestured for the woman to come in.

The young lady stepped toward Tommy and tousled his hair playfully. "Oh, where did you get those toys, Tommy?"

"I bought it for him earlier," JC said as he leaned against the counter. "We went out for a while this afternoon, ate some ice cream at the ice cream parlor in East Village and then he saw that at a toy shop right beside the parlor so..."

"Oh gods, JC, you are such a sweetheart," the young lady said, giving him a grateful smile. "Alright, we'll run along now and stop bothering you."

"You're never a bother, sis," JC told her. "Come on, Tommy, give Uncle JC a goodbye kiss."

Tommy stood up and waddled his chubby legs toward JC and jumped into his arms while planting a wet kiss on his cheek. JC laughed and tousled his hair too. "Good night little buddy. It was great spending time with you."

"Thanks fow the toy, Uncle JC!" Tommy said in his small voice.

JC smiled at him. "You're welcome," he said before looking at the young woman again. "Don't you wanna have dinner here first"

"No, it's okay. I brought something for us upstairs," the lady said with a smile.

"Okay sis, good night."

"Good night, big bro," she answered as she opened the door.

"Oh by the way, sis, how old's Tommy again?"

"Five."

"Yea, I thought so," JC said with a smile. "Good night!"