JC has a Deathwish

"Well, damn, Mrs. Faulkerson," RJ said, biting his lip and giving Dei a dark look as he walked inside their bedroom and saw her all dressed up for their company Christmas Party.

Dei turned from strapping a sandal on her right foot and smiled at him. She was bent over by the dressing table. Her hand was firmly grasping the edge while the other worked to secure the elastic straps around her ankles. Her impressive derrière was high up in the air.

"Hey, babe," she said, finally straightening up. She started gathering her hair, holding them up at the top of her head while allowing some loose tendrils to fall on the side of her face. She turned from side to side, checking herself out in the mirror in all angles.

"Just let your hair down, babe. The soft curls look lovely around your face," RJ said as he approached her. "And they will at least cover a portion of this exposed back of yours. If you wear your hair up like that, I may not be able to concentrate on the party anymore and we'd end up somewhere away from the crowd," he added, giving her a mischievous smile as he stood behind and kissed her shoulder.

"And what exactly are we gonna do once we're away from the crowd?" she asked, turning her face to look at him over her shoulder.

"Are you sure you wanna know now? I mean, that's fine by me, except we might end up being an hour late," he said, grinning. "Come to think of it, why don't we just ditch the party?" he whispered.

Dei giggled and elbowed him lightly. "You're silly. As much as I'd want to skip the party and fool around with my husband, I can't. Shannon said the CEO is expecting to meet everyone from our team tonight, since he'll be flying back to California after the party," she said, turning completely around and leaning against the dressing table with her arms folded across her chest. "So you like the dress?"

"I do," he said, folding his arms on his chest as well as his gaze raked her whole form. "And so will the other guys in the party, I'm sure... but I've long since learned that it's pointless to argue with you about the clothes you wear, so..."

She smiled and stepped closer, reaching over to touche his face with both hands. "Well that's a start," she whispered, kissing him. "At the end of the day, you're the only one who gets to take it off anyway, right?"

He let out a low chuckle. "Right. And I'm wondering how much you love that dress, actually, because I already have plans on how to take it off," he said with a smirk.

"I think I know what's on your mind, but don't you dare, RJ," she said, glaring at him and shoving him a little.

He laughed heartily.

"Are you driving to fetch mom and dad?" she asked him.

"Nope, your dad texted," RJ said as he grabbed his wristwatch from the table and put it on. "They already took a cab and are on their way."

The doorbell rang.

"And they're here, I hope that didn't wake Athena up. Can you let them in while I check on her?"

"Sure."

Dei walked to the nursery while RJ opened the door and found Athena still sleeping soundly. She gave her a soft kiss and then stepped out to greet her family.

"Hi guys! Oh," she paused when she saw them. "So all of you really came!" she said, laughing.

"Yep, all of us wanted to see Athena. Does she normally wake up in the middle of the night?" Ted asked.