The Mendozas in NYC

"Their plane's going to land in an hour, is their any other route we can take?" Dei asked on Wednesday afternoon as she looked at the details on her flight tracking app.

"Nope babe, unfortunately this is the only way, and it's not like we can back out from here now. We're stuck," he said, touching her hand to help ease her stress. They were on their way to JFK and met a bottleneck traffic in the Midtown Tunnel. They'd been sitting in the car for almost twenty minutes now.

Dei sighed and squeezed his hand, silently thanking him for his patience. She had been on her wits end since she got out from work. Some delays during the photoshoot caused her to stay at the studio past her shift and that affected the whole schedule she had planned for that particular day her family was arriving from the Philippines. RJ still had an ongoing filming he had to supervise but he offered to drive her to the airport so she could relax a bit.

They finally arrived at the airport less than 10 minutes before the plane landed and they headed to the waiting area at once.

"DEI!!!" Coleen shouted as soon as she walked out and Dei had to smile at the other passengers apologetically. "Oh my god, Dei!" she said as she gave her a tight embrace.

"Coleen, I missed you sis," Dei said, tearing up a little as she hugged her back.

"You look really great, Dei. I see New York is treating you well," Anne said, arriving just behind Coleen.

"RJ is taking good care of me," Dei said as she hugged and kissed her mom. "Daddy!"

"Princess!" Ted exclaimed, extending his arms for a hug and Dei jumped to him at once as RJ hugged both Anne and Coleen and then gave Mike a friendly hand shake. "RJ, son," he greeted him when Dei finally let go.

"Dad," RJ said, shaking his hand politely. "Are you ready to see your granddaughter? She's waiting for you at home."

"Oh you bet we are," Anne answered. "Actually Ted has been talking about nothing else nonstop for the last 4 hours. Let's go see our new princess!"

~~~~~~

I completely deleted the SPG scene on this chapter and this is what's left of the chapter's content (it was the one inside Dei's workplace but I didn't include it in THTH anymore) LOL. I'm gonna keep this though even though it's too short so as not to mess up the order of chapters. •