Hopelessly Devoted

RJ 💓 | 10:23 AM
We've just landed in LAX, babe. I bet you're at work now. Hope your day's going well. Let me know if I can call you. Love you.

Dei had just finished up a media ad and was on her way to a meeting when RJ's message came in. She smiled when she saw it; she had been waiting for him to text.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 10:24 AM
Hi babe! Yes I'm at work now and I have a meeting in five minutes. I can still sneak a few text messages but we can't talk until after about an hour. I will call you then. How was your flight?

RJ 💓 | 10:24 AM
It was okay. We're just waiting for the car that was rented for us and then we'll head straight to the hotel. Call me when you're available okay? I miss you.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 10:24 AM
I will, and I miss you too. Love you 😘

She had just pressed send on that message when another text came in, this one from Matt.

Matt B. | 10:25 AM
Hello Dei! We've just landed in LAX, but I think you already know that. Do you want a status report on your husband?

Dei laughed quietly at Matt's text and sent her reply.

Sent to Matt B. | 10:25 AM
Hi Matt! Sure! 😂

Matt B. | 10:26 AM
Here 😏

 | 10:26 AMHere 😏

Matt B. | 10:26 AM
I pretty much expect him to be glued on his phone this whole week. I actually had the most unfortunate (or maybe fortunate, I'm not sure anymore) chance of being seated beside him on the plane (better him than Tim, tbch), and for 4 hours he talked about nothing else but you. NON. STOP. I love you, Dei, but I don't think I'd want to hear your name again in the next few months.

Sent to Matt B. | 10:28 AM
Oh gods, I'm sorry, Matt! Haha! 😂

Matt B. | 10:28 AM
😏

Matt B. | 10:29 AM
By the way, RJ mentioned that you were a bit anxious about this trip of his. Though I really see no reason why you would be, I'm gonna promise to keep an eye on him while we're here and during our side trip to Vegas.

Sent to Matt B. | 10:32 AM
Oh gosh, there's really no need, Matt. But thank you... Actually the only reason why I was worried is because he's there with Tim.
Haha! 😅

Matt B. | 10:38 AM
Valid point. 😏 We're on our way to the hotel now.

Matt B. | 10:38 AM
And look, he misses you so much... oh my DeiJay heart 😍😔