More Than Words

"What in heaven's name are DeiJay fans?" Mr. Ford, the gallery owner asked, his eyebrows furrowed in bewilderment.

"They're our followers," Dei explained. "We are... we..." she sighed, "...we'll take care of it." she said instead, not sure how to explain further. "Can we leave?"

"Yes, you can," Mr. Ford replied. "And again, I deeply apologize, Mrs. Faulkerson."

She nodded and started walking out of the room with RJ, Matt and Tim trailing behind her. Christine remained seated on her chair, looking scared. JC stayed on his seat too with his face on his hand, looking dejected.

Dei and RJ walked to the building door and saw the group of DeiJay fans who had gathered there, looking furious. They saw Dei and called out to her at once.

"Dei, are you okay?" one of them asked as she and RJ approached them. "I'm Lhotte and I swear, that bitch is going to pay," the fan said, followed by an exclaim of agreement from the others.

"Guys, please. Just calm down," Dei said, addressing the crowd. "I'm fine, it was just a scratch...or a few scratches." She placed her palm on her neck to hide the cuts because the sight of it appeared to be enraging the fans even more. "Christine will pay, the owner and the police are going to make sure of that, so let's just let them handle it, okay? I don't want anyone of you getting into trouble."

"It is so hard to calm down, Dei," another fan said, angrily. "Not after what she did. A video's circulating online and we saw everything. That hag is so lucky none of us were actually inside the gallery when she did that or we would've clawed her eyes out!"

"I know it's hard. I also lost my temper earlier, but we have to try to stay calm and let the authorities take care of this," Dei told them.

"Thanks for your concern, ladies. We have to go home now though and make sure we treat this," RJ said. He caught a glimpse of the wounds before Dei covered them and he realized how bad they actually were. There were three long gashes from her throat to the side of her neck, and although they weren't too deep, they were bleeding, and it was obvious that the clawing was done with such a force that really aimed to hurt her badly.

"And yours too, RJ, you have a bad cut on your lip and your cheek's bruised too," a fan said.

He nodded and started leading Dei through the crowd.

"I didn't realize the scratches were that bad," RJ muttered to her. He didn't have time to inspect her injury earlier when they were called inside the room, and he was standing on her other side the entire time without a view of the part of her neck that was injured. Now he's fuming and he almost wanted to go back inside the gallery office to hurt Christine himself.

"I'm fine," Dei answered shortly.

They've just reached the end of the crowd and was at the edge of the sidewalk when they heard a distressed and angry scream, followed by a surprised "Hey!" from one of the security guards.

When they turned, they saw Matt hastily hiding a cup behind his back and looking at them innocently. Three of the fans beside him didn't even bother to hide though, and they were holding their empty cups of beverages proudly.

Christine was being led through the crowd by a couple of security guards and the police. Her escorts were trying to cover her from the other fans who wanted a piece of her. Her face, hair and the front of her blouse were covered with slushes of some sticky, cold beverage and she was shaking in both fear and fury.

"What?" Matt asked Dei and RJ innocently as they continued to stare at him. "We did it as calmly as we could."

Christine passed the couple and glared at them both. Dei returned her angry stare with a smile and an exaggerated shrug.