The Great Wall of RJ

"Is this where you're gonna be spending your whole shift?" RJ asked as he stopped the car in front of the building of the photography studio that Hearst had rented for their photoshoot.

"Yep, we'll do everything here. The shoot, the deliberation and the drafting for lay out," Dei said as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "Today I'm gonna spend the first half working with the creatives team for the set and then we will start shooting a little before noon."

"They couldn't choose a safer place huh?" he said, eyeing the surroundings. The studio was located in one of the neighborhoods in Brooklyn and RJ was well aware that it wasn't one of the safest parts in the city, though not exactly the worst. "I don't think I'd want you going home alone from here. Can't you just wait until my shift is over so I can pick you up?"

"I wish I can, but you're doing overtime and I'm not. If you're going home at 7, I simply cannot let Athena wait for me that long," she told him. "I'll take a cab, or Über. You seem to be forgetting that I grew up in Manila, babe, where the crime rate is possibly higher."

RJ sighed. "You really should start learning how to drive, babe, so we can get you your own car," he told her as he pulled her in for a kiss.

"Okay, I will, when I'm no longer too busy," she answered, her hands reaching for his face as she met his lips with hers.

"I love you, babe," he whispered when they pulled away.

"I love you too," she whispered back. She looked at him for a couple of seconds and sighed. "Babe?"

"Yes?"

"Before you leave I'd like you to meet the crew that I'll be working with. The staff, some of the models if they're already here and the photographer," she said. "I just want you to be aware of the people I'm gonna be around with so you won't worry."

RJ looked at his watch. "Okay, I still have a few minutes to spare plus a bit more for the drive back to Manhattan. Sure, I'd like to meet them," he said as he unbuckled his seat belt, and Dei gave him a small smile before stepping out of the car.

When they got to the studio, only the creative team was there, and they were already beginning their work on the set.

"Hey Salesha, have the models arrived?" she asked one of the crew, a young African-American woman in her mid-twenties. She was the one who led the creative team.

"A couple of them, yes," Salesha answered. "They're already in the dressing room," she added, looking at RJ curiously.

"Babe, meet Salesha, she's the one handling the Creatives team. Salesha, my husband, RJ, he works at TrendBuzz," she introduced them. "He just dropped me off this morning."

"Well hello, Mr. Faulkerson," she said, extending her arm for a handshake. "So sweet of you to drop the missus off at work."

"Hello, Salesha, pleased to meet you," RJ smiled.

Dei went on to introduce him to everyone else, from the creatives, to the hair and make up team, the models and the documentary crew, which was part of the teams she handled for online marketing.

"This is Evan and Jasmine, they're partners for this project and they will be the one taking care of the footages that we will use for teasers," she explained.