Epilogue 9. A Joyous Occasion

One Year Later....

Killian's POV

The light of early dawn breaks me from my sleep. I crack my eye open and bury my face in my pillow. I groan escapes my lips as I feel warm, petite hands on my back. "Today's a special day." Emma whispers in my ear as she sits on my lower back.

"Aye, that it is." I sigh happily.

Today is Oliver and Colin's wedding.

"Come on Mr. Lazy. We have a lot to do today, and you cannot lay around." She kisses the back of my head, before jumping off of me. I grab her wrist and fling her back onto our bed. I hold her to the bed and shower her with kisses. "Killian!" She squeals with laughter.

The little pitter-patter of little feet pull us apart. I look behind me and see little Cygnus trying to climb onto our bed. "Hold on, love." I roll over and pick her up. 

"Daddy!" She squeals. I smile as she crawls out of my arms and into Emma's. "Mummy!" She smiles happily at her mother.

"Hey, baby, how did you sleep?" She asks the happy two-year old.

"Good, Mummy." She fiddles with her blonde hair. "You ready for Col and Ollie to get married?" 

"Yeah!" She giggles. "I be flower girl!" She crawls onto my back. "Come on, Daddy! Waky, waky!" She pushes with all her might. "Mummy, Daddy won't get up." She complains to her mother.

"I know, Daddy is awfully lazy." 

"Wake up, Daddy!" She jumps onto my back.

"Oh, Cygnus! No, no, don't jump on Daddy!" She grabs her. "No, jumping on Daddy."

"I sorry, Mummy." She looks down in shame.

"Emma, it's fine. It didn't hurt. I'm fine." I pull Cygnus to my chest.

"I sorry, Daddy." She sniffs.

"It's okay, darling. Just don't jump on me, okay?"

"Okay," I wipe her teary eyes.

"Mum!" Colin yells panicked. We both look up and see a frazzled Colin. I've seen that look before. That's the look Emma gives me when she's about to have a panic attack. She slips to the floor, holding her head.

"Colin!" We both jump up and comfort our daughter. "It's okay, sweetheart." Emma whispers to her.

"Mum, I can't do this. I can't." She sobs.

"Colin, yes you can. I thought the exact same thing before my wedding. I know it feels like you're going to puke your guts out, but just think of seeing Ollie at the alter.

"Mum, I'm scared." She whimpers.

"I know, I know."

Colin's POV

I'm huddled over the toilet puking my guts out. "God, Colin." My Mum rubs my back gently. "I'll get Ollie." She runs out and comes back a few minutes later.

"Colin," Ollie bends down and holds my hair. "Breathe baby, breathe." I heave. 

"It hurts." I sob.

"Shh, shh, shh," I wrap my arms around his stomach and sob into his shoulder. "Are you having second thoughts?"  He gently kisses my temple.

"No, it's not that... I'm just so bloody nervous." I hide in his neck.

"Don't be, baby." He cups my cheeks. "You're going to do amazing! He kisses me softly. "You're going to be the most beautiful bride in the whole world!" His words send a blush to my cheeks. "Now can you calm down for me. I don't want you to be sick throughout our entire wedding day." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a gentle, but loving hug. "I love you, Colin." He whispers in my ear.