13. Birth Pain

Four Months Later...

I walk into me and Killian's room from the bathroom, after my water broke. Killian sits on the bed, reading a book. "We need to go." I tap his leg.

"What? Why?" He asks confused.

"Because." I smile and grab the bag we prepared for when I went into labor. "My water just broke." His eyes widen and he jumps up.

"Okay, just stay calm." He starts freaking out.

"I am calm." I laugh.

"You're having two babies."

"I'm aware- ahh!" I scream out as a contraction hits me. He runs to me and holds my arms. "Can we please just get to the hospital?" I beg.

"Aye. Can you walk? Do you need anything? What about Colin?" I know he's trying to help, but his questions aren't.

"Killian!" I yell. "Please! Just get me to the hospital." I can see the fear behind his eyes. I cup his face. "I know this is scary, but we're all going to be fine. I just need to to stay calm and just get me to the hospital, okay?" He nods and helps me down the stairs and to the car. He runs back inside and grabs Colin. He runs to the car and sets he in her carseat. He struggles with the seatbelt because of his shaking hands. "Ahh!" I scream as another contraction hits.

"I'm sorry, love. This damn seatbelt." I lean over the seat and get it for him. He jumps into the drivers seat and immediately pulls out of the driveway. He's going way to fast.

"Killian,' I say breathlessly. "Slow down." I grip his hand. "I'm fine, just slow down." I close my eyes. He does as I say. "Just drive. I'm okay." His hand shakes as he holds mine.

"How are you not freaking out?" He asks.

"I don't know. I've done it before so it's not that scary." I moan in pain. He lets go of my hand and grabs his phone.

"Liam, Emma just went into labor, and we're on our way to the hospital."

"Aye, can you meet us there?"

"Thanks, I owe you."

He hangs up and takes my hand again. "Just breathe, love. We're almost there." He says calmly. He kisses my hand and pulls into the hospital parking lot. He runs in and gets nurses. He helps me out and into the wheelchair. He runs around to the other side and grabs Colin. His parents, Liam, and Ruby pull up. Liam helps a screaming Ruby out.

"You too?" I ask, laughing.

"Guess so." She let's out a painful laugh as they get her into a wheelchair. They rush me in with Killian following not far behind. I change into a hospital gown and Killian helps me onto the bed. I lean against him as he rubs my back soothingly. The same doctor that delivered Colin, checks my cervix.

"Alright, you're only four centimeters dilated, so it could be a few hours. Your first labor was about twenty-two hours, so this one will probably progress much more quickly." She smiles and walks out of the room. She walks back in with a chart in her hand. "Okay, your birth plan says you want a completely natural birth. No drugs?"

"I'm rethinking that right now." I cringe, gripping Killian's hand.

"Okay, if you want the epidural now, without the birth plan, your insurance won't cover it."

"That's okay. Whatever she needs, give it to her. I don't care how much it costs." Killian says, slowly stroking my hair. "Do you want the epidural, love?"

"Yeah, please. I can't take it anymore." I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Alright, I'll go prepare it." Killian nods and kisses my forehead.