4. Diamonds And Dresses

Emma's POV

I wake, laying on Killian's arm. I sit up and look over to him. My book lays open on his bare chest. He's still fast asleep, so I carefully grab the book too see what page he's on. He's already on chapter twelve. I smile at the memories and lay it back down on his chest. I kiss his forehead and walk to the kitchen. I grab my phone and call Evie.

"Hello?" She says a bit tired.

"Oh! God! I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about the time difference." I say apologetically.

"It's fine, sweetheart. Brennan and I haven't even gone to bed yet, don't worry about it." I sigh in relief.

"Well, I was just wondering how Colin is doing? Have I missed anything?"

"She's doing wonderful. Just crawling, you haven't missed much, Emma. So stop worrying about her and have fun with my son, okay?" I can hear the smile in her voice. "... and maybe work on some more grandbabies?" I laugh.

"We'll see." She chuckles.

"Is Killian awake?"

"No, not yet, but I can wake him up if you want."

"Yes, you do that. Don't rush though, Brennan and I are night owls." She chuckles. "Oh! And Skype us."

"Okay, I'll go get him. I laugh.

I hang up and walk into our room. I see him still fast asleep. I walk to the bed and crawl into it. I sit on my knees and stroke his hair. "Killian," I say softly. He groans. "Killian," I say again. He squints his eyes open. I smile. "Come on, your Mom wants to talk to you." I whisper. He groans and rubs his eyes. I smile and keep my hand in his hair. I smile as his arm wraps around my waist.

"Can't she wait?" He groans.

"No," I move on top of him.

"Alright, you win." He sits up and kisses me. I slide off of him.

"She said to Skype her." I stand up on the bed. He grabs me and throws me over his shoulder.

"Go call your mother." I push him off and walk to the kitchen. I button up his shirt that's on me so I'm not just in my underwear. He walks into the kitchen with his laptop in hand. I start on breakfast by putting bread in the toaster and cooking eggs. He opens the computer and pulls up Skype.

"Hey, Mum." He smiles.

"Hey, baby." Evie says happily. "Where's Emma?" I slide into Killian's lap.

"Right here." I smile. Killian chuckles. He wraps his arms around my waist. I sit on his knee.

"Colin woke up, do you want to see her?"

"Yes!" I smile. She gets up and brings Colin into the screen. "Hi, baby." I smile. "Mommy and Daddy miss you." She smiles as she sees me. "Hi, sweetie." I smile. "Oh, I miss you so much."

"She misses you too." Evie smiles. "She keeps calling for you two."

"Awe, I'm sorry, baby."

"Momma." Colin says.

"I love you, baby." I smile. Killian kisses my head. Brennan shows up.

"Hey, guys." He smiles.

"Hi!" We both say.

"How's your trip?" He takes Colin into his arms.

"Amazing." I smile.