15. Two Years Later

Two Years Later...

Killian's POV

I'm now thirty years old, Emma is twenty-eight, Colin is almost five, and Henry and Liam are almost three. These past two years have been hectic. Emma is now a published author, and her publishing company is pressuring her something fierce. She always puts our family first, but the company doesn't appreciate that. My band is the most popular in Ireland right now, and in the whole UK. Emma and I hardly ever talk. I love her more than anything, but I'm afraid our marriage is falling apart.

I walk through the door in the middle of the night, after a day of regret. What I have done is sure to destroy our marriage.

I walk up the stairs as quietly as I can, not wanting to wake the kids. I open the door to me and Emma's room and see her asleep with a book on her chest, and the light next to her on. Tears appear in my eyes as I look at her.

I tip toe over to her and take the book off her chest. She groans and rolls onto her side. I pull the blankets up to her waist and turn the light off. I sit in the chair next to the bed and just hold my head in my hands. "Hey," I hear a fain voice. I look up and see Emma, opening her eyes a bit. "I tried to wait up for you." She whispers groggily. I stroke her hair.

"It's alright, love. Just go back to sleep." She smiles and falls asleep. I watch her and cry silently. "What have I done?" I whisper.

Emma's POV

I wake without Killian beside me. I get up and head downstairs. I look around the house, but don't find him. "Killian?" I call out. I look out the window and see his car isn't there. "Typical. Gone before I can even say 'good morning'." I mumble. I roll my eyes and head upstairs. I walk into Colin's room. I see Killian fast asleep with Colin tucked up under his arm. I smile and walk to them. "Killian," I whisper. He opens his eyes and groans. I can tell he's hung-over. I grab Colin.

"Mummy," she mumbles.

"I need you to wait in Mommy's room, okay?" She nods. I set her on our bed. I barge back into Colin's room and see Killian sitting on the edge of her bed, rubbing his eyes. "How could you come home drunk!?" I scream at him. He groans.

"Lower the volume, love." He stands up. "I wasn't drunk-"

"The hell you weren't. Then why are you hungover!?"

"Emma-" he places his hands on my arms.

"Don't 'Emma' me!" I push his hands away. "Just leave me the fuck alone!" I yell and walk out of the room.

"Hey!" He yells, grabbing my arm. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I ask in unbelief. "What the hell is wrong with you!? You not only come home drunk, but go to our daughters room!" I yell in tears.
"Just go." I snap. "I have to get Liam and Henry."

"Let me help-"

"No! I'll do it myself... like I always do with everything else." I mumble.

"What?" He asks shocked. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I do everything! I plan play dates! I do laundry! I know their favourite colors! Their favorite T.V. shows! You don't know or do any of that! I always do everything! You're always out god knows where, doing god knows what!"

"I'm working, so I can feed our children!"

"You're out living your dream, and I'm here, taking care of our kids and Trying to balance a job! I'm busting my ass! Maybe if you would help, instead of piling in truck loads of cash!"

"I do it for us!"

"Look at our bank account, Killian! We don't need anymore money! But what I do need, is for you to be around more! You don't even know our children! They adore you, and you don't even care!"