24. Hot Passion

Killian's POV

I wake in the middle of the night. I go to pull my Swan closer to me, but I find her spot empty and cold. I sit up and pull my sleep pants on. I look around our room for any sign of her. I walk downstairs. I see her laying on the couch; watching T.V. "What are you still doing up, love?" She looks over at me. She mutes the T.V. and sits up.

"Couldn't sleep." I sit down next to her. "I didn't want to wake you." I crease her cheek.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I ask sweetly. She shakes her head. "Then what's keeping you up?"

"I don't know," she shrugs her shoulders. "Just a lot on my mind right now." She sighs, resting her chin on her arms as they wrap around her knees.

"Can I do anything to help?" I tilt my head. She shrugs. "I know what will make you feel better." I smile. She looks up at me as I stand up.

"What?"

"A nice cup of hot cocoa with cinnamon." I smile and prance off to the kitchen.

"Killian, it's three in the morning."

"So? I know if you don't sleep, you'll be tired; and if you're tired, you'll be cranky; and if you're cranky, you'll yell at me; and if you yell at me, you'll feel gulity; and when you feel guilty, you cry; and I hate to see you cry." By the time I finish my very long sentence, I'm handing her her hot cocoa. "You know I'm right." I kiss her head from behind the couch.

"Yeah,.I know." She takes a sip. I kiss her lips softly. I go to sit down next to her. We talk for about a half an hour. I turn on the T.V. and cuddle up behind her. I kiss her temple as she lays with her back against my chest, and her head resting on my arm. About another half and hour later, she's fast asleep. I smile and turn off the T.V. I slowly move out from under her; careful not to wake her. I sweep her up into my arms, with the blanket still wrapped around her. I walk upstairs and into our room. I skillfully move the covers and lay her down. I cover her in blankets and kiss her forehead. I cuddle up behind ber and follow her in sleep.

The next morning we make breakfast together; getting more on each other than actually making. "Now we can't even eat." She complains. I chuckle and pull her against me.

"Well, how about you take a shower with me, and then we can come enjoy out breakfast?" I smirk. Her cheeks turn red as she buries her face in the crook of my neck.

"Stop doing that." I laugh.

"What? I simply invited you to take a shower with me." I kiss her head. "Do you accept?" I smirk.

"Yeah," she giggles.

We finally finish our shower and head back downstairs for breakfast. We eat, cuddled up on the couch. "How about we go over to Liam's today? To see the kids?" I suggest.

"Yes!" I chuckle.

"I know you've been dying to see them." I kiss her head.

"But how are your ribs?" She runs her hand over my ribs.

"They're fine." I kiss her softly. She looks af me with a untrusting look. "What? I'm serious." She rolls her eyes and cuddles back against my chest.

"but you know the kids will be all over you."

"I know that, love." I tilt her chin to look at me. "Im fine, Emma. You don't need to worry about me, alright?"

"You tried to commit fucking suicide! yeah, I have to worry about you!" she yells. I look at her, shocked. She looks down, with a guilty face.

"Emma, what's going on?" I ask gently.

"I'm sorry." She cries. "I don't know what's wrong with me." I pull her into my arms.