"It isn't my ego... you are my Janoon (madness), far greater and dangerous than love."

"Janoon only hurts the person and others as well." She hissed as Ahad caressed her wrist.

"Then don't give the reason to hurt."

"You seek for the reason."

"I do not."

"Yes, you do." Kanwal mumbled, turning her face away from him.

"Does it irritate you?"

Kanwal took a deep breath and said, "Would anything change if I say yes?"

"I will try." Ahad said, holding both of her hands. On this, Kanwal stared back at him with a blank face. He could easily see the mockery in her eyes which means he has to lose one or two of his secrets to gain her trust.

"I don't tell you things because I know you won't believe me." Ahad said, sitting properly face to face with Kanwal.

"Moosa asked for Mahnoor's hand from uncle Asif."

~*~

Kanwal stared at Ahad for a minute like he has grown horns on his head.

"Hard to believe? That's why I didn't tell you." Said Ahad, and on the next moment, Kanwal jerked away from his hands.

"That's an awful joke." She said glaring.

"It is not a joke."

"Whatever it is, you shouldn't say such horrible things."

"Horrible? Moosa wants to marry her, not kill her."

"Don't say it. He is not going to hurt her or marry her. Tell him to stay away from her. What does he want from her? Why does he want to marry her? ... No, I don't believe it. You are lying, aren't you? ... I mean Mano... No, it can't happen." She shook her head vigorously.

"Kanwal, Kanwal... calm down, okay." Ahad quickly cupped her face with both hands.

"No, Ahad. He can not... Mano is,... She is my friend." Kanwal couldn't understand herself or what she wants to say. The news Ahad broke was too much for her to swallow.

"I know she is your friend, I care for her too and so does Moosa. So it's fine."

"It's not fine! There's no way... what does Moosa want from her? Why her?" She gripped Ahad's hands so tight that he got startled by her strength for a moment. He didn't know that her emotions for Mahnoor were this strong.

"He loves her. Moosa loves Mahnoor... I know it's hard for you to believe, but Moosa's feelings aren't new and it isn't the teenage fever of love you are imagining, Kanwal. She will be fine, okay?... Listen to me, Moosa likes her for quite long, but never thought to have her for himself, he is afraid of such bonds. That's why he has kept a distance, yet couldn't control himself of being protective of her. Moosa only reached for Mahnoor when he realized that our enemy taking interest in her."

"What does Mahnoor have to do with HIS enemies?" Kanwal stared into Ahad's eyes.

"Moosa's interest in Mahnoor is known to them and that's why she is a soft target who needs protection."

"What kind of protection is this?"

"Protection from people like Kamil."

"Kamil? ... Kamil Bhai?" She frowned on hearing his name. She has met him at Mahnoor's house once.

Ahad nodded and said, "He is taking interest in Mahnoor."

"Mahnoor?... Impossible. He already has a girlfriend and Mano knows it. And why would he be any danger to her?"

"Kamil belongs to people who are our enemy and they will never hesitate to use Kamil in harming Mahnoor. Because our enemy believes that they could anger Moosa by doing so and that he would expose all of his cards in taking revenge if something had happened to Mahnoor."

"Something, like what?"

"They could kill her without hesitation."

"Kill?... but... You wouldn't let this happen, right? Promise me you wouldn't let any harm reach to Mano." Kanwal abruptly held Ahad's hands and wouldn't let go until he promised.

Later on, Ahad kept explaining things to Kanwal of how protected Mahnoor is under their watch. He deliberately avoids mentioning what is about to happen. From the beginning, Ahad was planning to drive Kanwal's mind to the point where she would think that Moosa is a perfect match for Mahnoor and it's necessary for her own safety. But aside from Mahnoor's, it is necessary for the safety of their relationship too.

______________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing fine. Thank you so much for waiting and keep supporting me :)

Hope you like the chapter.
Follow me on Instagram "laila_mehtaab" and Facebook "Mineseries-Lailamehtaab" for news about updates.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)