Ahad glanced at Kanwal's face which was still red because of crying. He was about to open his mouth to say something when his phone buzzed. On reading the caller ID, he didn't dismiss the call.

"Hello."

"Reached safely?" Came Moosa's voice.

"Yes, how was your meeting?"

"Which meeting?"

"Mahnoor's father." Ahad stole a glance at Kanwal and as expected, her head snapped towards him on hearing Mahnoor's name.

"Oh, that. It went well. The date of Nikah will be decided when I come back from the visit." For a moment, Ahad couldn't believe his ear. He thought Mahnoor's father would never agree to it.

"Wow,... means,... it went unexpectedly well." Ahad wasn't sure what to say.

"Why wouldn't it? He was sitting in my office, in the building I own, among the men who can kill thousands on my single signal." He replied quite calmly.

"Hm."

"Besides, I think he is a wise man and my warning wouldn't go to waste."

"What warning?"

"He is in the hospital now."

"What?" He was barely able to manage his tone.

"Aren't you asking too many questions? I called to inform that Nats wishes to invite you and Kanwal to dinner, so make sure to be at her house on Saturday."

"She could tell me herself." On this, he heard a deeply defeated sigh from Moosa and he ended the call mumbling 'Allah Hafiz'.

Natasha sometimes irritates Moosa by asking him to do her small chores, and no matter how much Moosa hated it, he never says 'no' to her.

"What happened to uncle?" Asked Kanwal as soon as Ahad puts down his phone.

"Nothing."

"You're lying. Look at me and tell me what happened to uncle."

Ahad turned his face to her and repeated again, "Nothing."

"Then why did you mention him? Is Mahnoor alright?"

"Your family, your cousin, your friend, everyone is fine." He said in a bored tone.

"What are you hiding?" Kanwal's fear was subsided by the worry and now she was back to her normal self.

"Why is it that you always worry about others? You even have a soft spot for that person too. What was his name? ... Abdul Rafay..., right? You are concerned about his wellbeing." Kanwal stiffened on hearing Rafay's name. It is true that she was concerned because she feared the outcome if Ahad misunderstood something, but it's nothing more than this.

"See how your face changes colour. You really like him, don't you?" Ahad may look calm and collected, yet his grip on Kanwal's wrist got painfully tight.

"He is respectable because he is a nice guy, nothing more, nothing less... I thought you know me better. It's a pity that you don't trust me, while you always claim to love me. Love's first condition is trust, but if you are unable to trust me, it means you only married me to satisfy your ego, there isn't any love in it." She said all this in one breath and Ahad finds himself staring into Kanwal's eyes until she averted her gaze.

Ahad likes this angry look in her eyes, but it didn't mean that he consciously tried to anger her. It's just that things usually go this way without any intention and he always found himself to have lost in those fiery orbs. He leans to her and gently pressed his lips to her sore wrist.