Chapter XXXVII: Vacation Part I

POV: Avalie

I was hopping around with excitement at the airport. I had three swimsuits packed, four pairs of flip flops, and way more clothes than I'll actually need! That's right, we're going to the Bahamas! I was so excited to be somewhere nice and sunny. I could hardly believe Zach's parents were willing to pay for all of us! I knew that they were well off in the money department, but I didn't know they were drowning in it!

It had been hard to convince my mom, she didn't want them paying for me. I guess all our parents had drinks together, and everyone finally agreed. I was relieved because I knew there was no way my mom could afford it.

I sat in between Char and Zach's sister in the plane.The guys were somewhere else, a few isles away. I wasn't sure what to make of Sage. I guess she was pretty, but she gave off a kind of intimidating vibe. "You excited?" I asked her.

"I don't even know. I want to be, but if I screw up once, I'm dead."

Zach had told us about why he was bringing Sage along. It seemed like kind of a weird punishment if you asked me. "I guess you're parents sure know how to ruin a vacation."

"Oh I know," she slid a single earbud into her ear.

"But hey, it's the Bahamas! How much trouble can you really get into?"

She sighed, "Just wait and see."

I didn't know what to answer, so I kept my mouth shut. I talked with Char, watched the lame TV shows they played, and slept a little. After a few hours, Zach came to sit by Char. I headed back to where Daniel and Seth were.

Seth smiled brightly, "Hey Av. What's up?"

"Not much, I just got kicked out of my seat." I turned to look at Daniel, but he was out cold.

Seth laughed, "I know, he's been asleep for the past hour."

We slid on headphones and began to laugh at the old reruns of Malcolm in the Middle, that were playing for the next couple hours. With only four hours left of the ride, I fell asleep.

~~~

When I woke up, I was leaning against something that smelled really good. I breathed in deeply and smiled.

Coming to my senses, I realized that something was Seth's shoulder.

-Shit!-

I quickly jumped up, blushing like an idiot. "Sorry," I coughed nervously.

He gave me a crooked smile, "You were fine."

"How soon until landing?"

"An hour or so."

Seth was right, in a little over an hour, our plane was rolling down the landing strip. I could see the sun shining through the small plane windows. After grabbing our carry-ons, we proceeded off the plane.

The hot sun hit my back, and I loved it. I had taken off my sweatshirt on the plane. I felt so impatient, I was dying to get to our resort.

After getting all our luggage, two taxis drove us and some other people to the resort. Char was bouncing around, and I was with her! Daniel was cracking up as we pointed out every knew thing we saw.

The resort was beautiful. The deep blue ocean in the distance sparkled in the sun. There were multiple pools and lounge chairs scattered all over the place. I couldn't wait to get a tan, I was sick of being pale.

Our hotel room was beautiful. Room 316. It was a giant master suite that all six of us were sharing. There was a balcony attached that overlooked the whole resort. I was afraid a week wouldn't be long enough in this paradise!

"What should we do first?" Zach asked.

"I say we just head down to the pool for today!" Char chimed in.

I nodded in agreement.

The room was divided into two parts. One side had a huge round bed! It was so cool! The other had a queen size bed and a pull-out couch.

We all changed into our swimsuits. I was wearing a minty blue bikini. I had missed swimming, and I couldn't believe I got to do it in his paradise.

As we walked down, I couldn't ignore how cute Seth looked. Okay forget cute, he was HOT!

-Stop it! He made it clear awhile ago that he isn't into you! Why can't you just be friends?-

That wasn't what I wanted, though! I wanted Seth because he was sweet and funny and knew me better than anyone else. I wanted him because I loved everything about him, and he was the perfect friend. Why can't he be the perfect boyfriend?

The pool was beautiful. I let the hot sun tan my whole body. After about an hour we had the pool to ourselves. Char and I jumped in the water and began to swim around. Zach jumped in next to Char, and smiled evilly. He quickly pulled her underwater.

Seth and I gave each other knowing looks, and Sage pretended to puke. We were laughing and jumping and being thrown into the water multiple times.

At one point, Seth grabbed me and dunked me. He pulled me back up, I blinked the water off my eyelashes. He was holding me in his strong arms. It was hard to ignore how absolutely tempting kissing him sounded right now.

+=+=•+=+=•+=+=•+=+=•+=+=•+=+=•+=+=•+=+=•

Kind of a cliffhanger! I'm sorry! So sorry! I'e been working on this on and off and I just need to step up my updating! Do you like their vacation spot? You guys have me some really good ideas, but I decided (with some help) that I wanted them to go somewhere hot and sunny. So the Bahamas! I don't even know where the Bahamas are, is that bad? Haha! So should Avalie go for Seth, or get over herself?

-cc