Chapter XII: Sleepover At Seth's

POV: Avalie

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I'm almost seventeen, and they choose NOW to have another baby? What the hell? I mean, my mom had me when she was twenty one, so it wasn't like she was ancient. But really? A seventeen year age gap? Great planning mom and dad!

-Shut up and be happy for them!-

My conscience was right, you know I really needed to give that thing a name.

-Oh yeah, name me. Now you're really going crazy

Shut it, Kevin!-

I stopped talking to Kevin, and faked a smile, "Congratulations!" I hugged them.

"Thanks sweetie, now go have fun at Seth's!"

I nodded and hauled ass out that door as fast as I could. "Just drive," I growled as Char slid into her seat.

Seth jumped in the backseat, causing the whole car to rattle, "Damn, they sure threw that one at you."

"I know! I mean my mom's not THAT old, but still."

"A baby sibling could be fun, I'm the youngest and I hate it. My two brothers were always a pain in the ass." Char glanced at me.

"Yeah, it's not so much the baby, it's just their tactics are so...insensitive."

Seth smirked, "That was so funny."

I smacked his stupid head.

He started cracking up, "You should have seen the way you ran out on there!" he said between laughs.

"Haha so funny." I smacked him a second time.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Char giggling. That was it I lost it, I joined in the laughter. Right after I whacked Seth one more time.

"Turn right," Seth directed Char.

His house wasn't very far from mine, when we were younger we would run or ride our bikes over to each others houses all the time. Sometimes I missed being little, having so much fun. Now I was going to a boarding school and hour away.

I'm not saying it's all bad, I mean I have Zach and Char! It's one of the best and worst things that has happened to me, and it's hard to describe how I feel.

Before I can finish my thoughts, we are in Seth's driveway.

He is at the front door before Char and I are even out of the car, "Welcome, welcome! Step inside my lovely house."

"Oh Seth," I laughed. He was such a dork. I wished that Seth was at boarding school with us, it would be so fun! I missed having him around.

The smell of Seth's house greeted me as soon as I stepped inside. It smelled so good, like cookies and clean carpet.

-Oh yeah, everyone's favorite smell.

Kevin, I swear-

It seemed strange, but it really was a great smell. Seth's mom Mindy was always baking something. It kept her company since her husband was always away on business, like my dad. She didn't work, so she baked. She would cook for parties if you hired her, but she didn't have an actual business for it. Mindy had always cooked and baked for my birthday parties when I was younger. Seth was pretty good at it too, but that was his secret. Couldn't let on that the star soccer player loved to bake!

Mindy charged at us, traces of flour still on her light blue apron. She was skinny and tall, with dark brown hair. She still looked young, despite the fact that she was almost fifty. "Avalie! It's been so long!"

"Oh I know!" I welcomed her embrace with open arms.

She smiled at Char, "And who is this?"

"It's Char, Avalie's friend," Seth responded.

"Char?" she questioned.

Char smiled, "It's short for Charlotte."

Mindy beamed at her, "That's beautiful! I always wanted a sister for Seth, so I could pick out a beautiful name for her. That's why I have Avalie, she's basically my daughter. I can thank her parents for that."

"Well you might have to thank them again," I laughed. "They might be giving you another daughter."

She gasped, "You don't mean-"

"Yup, mom's pregnant."

"I swear, Lisa is crazy! We've been so out of touch."

I sighed, "I know, Im not sure how I feel. I think they just found out themselves."

Mindy shook her head, "At least she's still young."

"Hardly."

Mindy laughed loudly, "You better not tell her that!"

Mindy was definitely my second mother. She was more easygoing than my mom, and so funny. I loved her as much as my real mom.

He stared us down, "So what are you kids doing tonight?"

"Sleepover," Seth grinned. "We are going to watch movies and paint our nails-"

I smacked him laughing. It all sounded so dumb coming out of his mouth, with his man-voice and all.

"Sounds great!" Mindy joked along with us, "Just no sex!"

I just laughed and Seth rolled his eyes. We were used to her. Char on the other hand turned bright red, giggling along with us.

"Come on," Seth began dragging us towards his room.

We climbed up the stairs, until I tripped and landed on my knee. "Damn it!"

Seth and Char cracked up, then laughed harder as I fell again trying to get up.

"I really don't understand how she can be so good at volleyball, when she's that clumsy," Seth muttered to Char.

Char laughed even louder.

"I heard that," I said punching Seth's leg.

The rest of the night was spent playing stupid games, smacking each other, and scrolling through Instagram making fun of all the thirsty girls.

-I know we're cool, right?-

I was sound asleep by 3:30, Char and Seth were another story.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I actually wrote his Chapter yesterday, but didn't post till today. It's Christmas Eve, who's excited? I might update on Christmas...who knows? It depends if we're driving home or not that day...or if I feel like it. I know this wasn't the most exciting chapter, but it was like character development and crap. Haha I love Seth's mom! And don't forget, Avalie fell asleep, leaving Char and Seth awake...alone! What will happen next?

-cc