Chapte V: Swerve

POV: Avalie

The light shining through the window when I awoke was tinted green from the trees all over campus. After yesterday's perfect date, I couldn't wait to get back to school. My thoughts of Zach and the date were interrupted by the deep buzzing of my phone that was tangled somewhere in my comforter.

-Crap it's a call! Find your phone!-

I wrestled with the covers, until I found it just in time to answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey Av! It's me Seth!"

"Seth, I miss you like crazy!"

"Same, that's why I wanted to know if you were up for coming home this weekend? I could drive down and pick you up!"

"Yes! Definitely!!! Do you think I could bring my friend Charlotte? I want her to meet you!"

"Sure, I'll be there around 10 on Saturday."

"Ok! Well I better go but I can't wait!"

"Bye."

"Bye, love ya!!" I hung up excited. Since Seth and I had wasted the whole summer being mad at each other, we hadn't really gotten to hang out, and I missed my best friend. He was basically my brother.

Char rolled over and yawned at me, "What are YOU so happy about?"

"Well you know Seth, the guy I told you about? He's going to come and get me and we're going to hang out this weekend. You're coming too!"

"Cool!" Char shouted' "I'm excited!"

"Come on, we're gonna be late!" I was frantically pulling clothes out of my drawers.

"Calm down!" Char scream giggled.

POV: Seth

It was Friday and I was headed to Daniel's house to give him a ride to school. I honked loudly as I pulled my truck into his driveway.

He ran off the porch steps, and pulled he door open. "Jeez! Chill dude!"

"You're gonna make us late. Guess who I'm bringing into town tomorrow."

"Who," he asked suspiciously.

"Avalie! She's coming for the weekend!" I grinned.

"Ahhh cool! I miss the little shit."

"Shut up dude!" I said punching him in the arm.

"Cut it out!" he yelled rubbing his arm.

We pulled into school. I shut the truck down and hopped out.

The day was speeding by until 6th period. I was caught texting (Avalie of course) and given detention.

-Damn it dude! Just had to get caught, real smooth-

I sat in the detention room after school for an hour. It was Ms. Clemmens week to run it. She was an older lady with a pointy nose and small watery eyes. when she talked she sounded like a sick mouse. Finally, it was 4 o'clock.

I walked into the kitchen when I arrived home.

My mother looked at me disapprovingly. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, she looked frazzled and tired. Still beautiful all the same, "Detention Seth Carter Andrews? Really?"

"Sorry mom, it was just for texting."

She sighed loudly, "I'm going to order a pizza. Your father won't be home till late."

I nodded feeling bad for her. Dad was always working late these days. I could tell she missed him.

~~~

My alarm woke me up at 8:30 the next morning. I threw on some clothes and texted Daniel.

S: U COMING TO GET AVALIE W/ ME?

D: YEAH I'LL B READY

I grabbed a pancake and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Be back later mom I'm going to get Avalie wih Daniel."

"Goodbye dear! I can't wait to see her!"

Daniel and I had been driving for less than 5 minutes, and were stopped at a red light. When it turned green I began to drive again. As we were crossing a car in the opposite lane moved into ours sharply coming straight at us, crashing into my truck. The airbags swelled up as we swerved off the road.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Omg!!!! Car crash! Tell me if there are spelling mistakes! Sorry I didn't update for a few days! Hope you enjoyed!

-cc