Chapter III: All is Forgiven

POV: Avalie

When I woke up, my hair was a ratty mess, I had drooled all over my pillow, and I desperately needed a shower. Today was Sunday, and I was suppose to take a tour of the campus before school started tomorrow.

I looked over at the bed next to me Char was still sleeping. Good, I didn't want to talk right now, or not talk is more like it. I got my razor, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and towel out of my bag. I headed toward the shower.

After scrunching my hair, (my curls almost reached my hips!) I applied silver eyeshadow to my lids, and mascara that made my lashes longer than ever.

I was trying to put off coming out of the bathroom since Char was probably awake by now. Applying my makeup as slowly as I could, making sure every lash was completely coated. trying on three different pairs of earrings. I had to do this, slowly I opened the door.

Char was sitting on the bed, her blonde head turned towards me. There were tears in her eyes. She jumped up from the bed, ran at me, an threw her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry Avalie!" she cried. "I haven't gotten over Zach yet, and I took that our on you! And that was wrong."

I smiled at her, "Char it's OK! I'm just glad you don't hate me! Now how about you take me on a tour of the school?"

She wiped her eyes, "I would like that.".

~~~

All I can say is that this is just about the coolest school I have EVER seen! It was amazing, there were four floors, plus a basement. The staircases wound around, the halls had lots of twists and turns. It was definitely confusing! "Char how am I ever going to find my way around this place???"

"Stop worrying! It's really not as confusing as it looks, and you'll have me to help you."

"Thank god! I'd be hopeless without you!" Just then I saw Zach round the corner, showing what looked like a younger version of himself around the school. I gave a little wave, blushing, all the bravery from last night was gone. Char glanced at me, and I instantly regretted it, "I'm sorry."

"No, no! Avalie, Zach and I are over! I can find a new guy, but you need to go for him! You'll never forgive yourself if you don't." She gave me a sweet smile and a little push.

That was all I needed, I was off. Amazingly, Zach looked just as outstanding as he had at the party last night. He had a casual and careless look about him. So easy and carefree, I was sold! The blue and purple walls painted for the school colors did wonders for him. His face was defined and handsome. I approached him, "Hey, remember me?"

He turned and gave me a stunning smile after he recognized me. That smile, that face, the hair. Zach was the definition of perfect. My heart felt like it was having spasms! "Now how could I forget you after last night?" When he said this his voice was deep and throaty. My heart raced, it was so completely sexy!

-Deep breaths Avalie, don't embarrass yourself-

"Well since last night was so fun, why should it be just a one time thing?" I knew I was taking a risk here!

He smiled that exquisite smile, "You couldn't be more right! Meet me for lunch tomorrow? The school gives us and hour."

"I'll be there!"

Zach's younger brother stared up at him with awe.

-Don't worry! You're almost a cute as Zach is, you won't have any trouble getting a girl!-

I headed back towards Char feeling like I was on top of the world.

She gave me a huge smile. "Look at you go Avalie! That was pretty impressive!"

I blushed, "Please, it was nothing! I'm just glad there are no hard feelings."

"You know I think I'm really over him this time! I was just so stuck in the past. Now I can really move on."

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

~~~

The next morning I had paired together the perfect outfit. A simple lacy see-through purple shirt with a black cami underneath, skinny jeans with a little bit of beading that made my butt look AH-MAZING, and black combat boots with studs! I hoped Zach would like it at lunch today!

Just thinking about it made me feel all tingly and nervous! I could stare at him for a whole HOUR and it would be perfectly acceptable! I can already picture us in my head, talking, laughing, him smiling that breathtaking smile of his!

-Just don't jack this up Avalie, you aren't always the best at flirting-

Char and I crossed the campus to get to the main building. The squirrels in my stomach were going crazy! Yup, you heard me right, squirrels. I never thought butterflies were the best way to describe that feeling in my stomach. To me it felt like there were squirrels in there. Sometimes try ran in circles, playing tag or something. That was when I was excited. When I was nervous it felt like they were rabid, and trying to claw their way out.

~~~

My schedule:

1: Art (Even though I was terrible!)

2: English

3: Spanish IV (Four years, and I still hated the class)

4: Science

5: Lunch (A very special time if you know what I mean)

6: History

7: Math

8: Gym

First and second period had breezed by and now I was stuck in Spanish wishing I could rip my eyes out and stomp on them!

-Very graphic Avalie! Bravo!-

I was trying to actually concentrate, when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. It was from Seth.

S: HEY R WE ACTUALLY ON SPEAKING TERMS NOW?

My heart warmed, I missed Seth!

A: YEAH SURE! I MISS U!

S: SAME! HOW'S UR FIRST DAY?

A: GOOD! EXCEPT FOR THIS CLASS, IM IN SPANISH :/

S: THAT SUCKS, I'VE GOT MATH

A: YEAH. BUT IM FRIENDS WITH THIS GIRL CHARLOTTE, WE R ROOMMATES AND SHE'S IN THE CLASS. AND I MET THIS GUY ZACH. WE R HAVING LUNCH 2DAY ;)

S: OH COOL. GTG...TEST IS BEING PASSES OUT.

A: KK BYE! MISS U!

Wow I forgot how great it felt to talk to Seth, we hadn't had a real conversation for months. Maybe Char and I could Skype him tonight.

-Your lucky he doesn't hate you Av!-

Yeah, yeah I know stupid voice! The bell rang signaling the end of spanish.

-Yes!-

Only one more period, then lunch. We all know what that means!!!

##############################

Another update!!!! It was only Avalies POV but it's a longish chapter so yeah!

-cc