Chapter XXV: I'm Over It

POV: Zach

It was Wednesday when Avalie approached me after eighth hour. She was walking quickly, bearing a hot pink cast on her wrist. I avoided eye contact. The school had been buzzing with how Avalie and Char had gotten. Jeff locked up. I had to admit it was pretty impressive.

I was ready to make up with Avalie, I knew it. I missed her, and Char. Plus no matter what awkward position Avalie had put Seth in, I had liked him when I met him. Basically I missed having friends. I was pathetic.

"Hey Zach," She stared at me nervously.

"Hey, what's up?"

"You," she giggled. It was true, I was almost two heads taller than her. She was still a dork.

"Look, I'm not going to try and hold a grudge."

Out of nowhere Avalie tackled me in a hug. She was so small, that I barely moved. A huge grin took over her face, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I miss being friends!"

I laughed, "Me too, now get off me!" It was weird, but I didn't feel like I wanted her back. It made me wonder if I ever did like her, like that. Don't get me wrong, Avalie was amazing. The problem was there was someone else.

Avalie was now bouncing on her toes, "We need to catch up! How 'bout Chinese at Panda?"

I noticed that she tactfully avoided Subway where we used to eat, "Sure."

"Is fried rice and orange chicken okay?"

"Sounds good," I smiled.

Once we had sat down with our food Avalie opened her mouth, "So I think we both know we aren't getting back together, right?"

"Yeah I don't think it would be a good idea."

"Agreed. But Zach, I do want us to be friends. Not the kind where we say we will be, and then don't. I want us to actually talk, and it not to be awkward. Can we do that?" She looked at me hopefully.

"Yeah! We can do that."

"Okay so which girl do you have your eye on?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

-How did she know?-

"What makes you think-"

"Oh Zachy! Don't play dumb with me! Come on, I won't tell!" She looked at me so convincingly.

"Okay, okay! The truth is...I kind of like Char." I was too nervous to make eye contact with Avalie.

"Kind of?"

"Okay a lot! I guess I never really forgot about her. I mean we dated for a year. And once I found out she didn't cheat on me, I remembered how much I liked her Avalie." It felt good to finally admit this, especially to myself.

"Yeah, I'm the only cheater here."

"Av, you know I didn't mean it like that!" I said guiltily.

"I know, I just hope you know how sorry I am." She looked at me shamefully.

"It's okay, I'm over it! Anyway I think everything worked out for the best." It was true, I didn't have any regrets about Avalie.

"There's just one problem with Char..." Avalie started.

"What could that be?" I was puzzled.

"She started dating Seth."

I didn't know how to respond to this. I thought that I could finally make everything right, get Char back, and enjoy the rest of the school year. Of course, it wasn't that simple. "Oh," was all I could say back to her.

"But Zach, please don't take it out on Seth. This Saturday is my birthday. I want all of you guys to come home with me. You, Char, Seth and Daniel. All I want is for everyone to be friends and have fun. So please?" She looked at me, silently pleading.

I knew there was no way I could say no. She should get to have the best seventeenth birthday possible. I would do it for her, I would pretend. "Anything for you," I sighed.

"Thank you Zach! After these past few weeks, I just want to have a fun time with you guys."

"Okay, so what's your plan?" I was curious about what she wanted us to do.

"You'll see! It's a surprise!" She smiled wickedly. "You want to come watch a movie with me and Char tonight?" She said catching me off guard.

"Um sure, what kind of movie?"

"Scary!"

I laughed, "Should've known!"

"Char wants to see Dead Silence, so we're watching that one!"

I let her lead me out of Panda. When we reached their dorm, we found Char sprawled on her bed with some homework. She threw quickly tossed it off the bed, "Can't wait for this movie!"

Avalie giggled, "Hope it doesn't scare you! Guess who I brought?"

"Hey Char," I tried not to stutter and sound like a loser. That could prove to be embarrassing!

-Just keep your cool.-

"Zach! You guys made up!" She came and gave me a tight hug.

I squeezed her back, "Yup!"

"So this means he's coming to the a-"

"Char no!" Avalie yelled, stopping her from giving away the surprise. "I'm not telling the guys where we're going!"

"Wait you told her? Not fair!"

"Yup," Avalie giggled. "Now let's pop in that movie!"

Char was screaming like crazy throughout the movie, you would think she was the one being murdered by a puppet! Still, it was adorable when she was scared.

-Too bad you can't have her.

I know! So shut up!-

Char's t-shirt had ridden up, exposing some of the skin on her hip.

This was going to be a lot harder then I thought.

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

Poor Zach! He really likes her! But I mean, so does Seth! What to you think they're going to do for Avalie's birthday? Guess in the comments! Do you think Char belongs with Zach or Seth? Only I know the answer! Did you like this chapter? Who's POV is your favorite? I love when you guys comment! Hope you like the new cover!

-cc