Chapter XXX: Made Me Realize

POV: Avalie

It was sixth grade, Seth and I were in the treehouse in his backyard. He was young, but still cute as ever. I recognized this day, it was the day we decided to see what it was like to kiss someone.

I knew I was dreaming, it was one of those dreams where you watch yourself in the dream.

"Ready?" My younger self breathed.

Seth nodded and leaned in to kiss me. It wasn't a long kiss or anything, but I will always remember it. It was my first one.

My dream was a little different than what actually happened. In this version when I pulled away I whispered, "I love you Seth."

I woke up alarmed and confused.

-What the hell was that? You love him?

No of course not! It was just some stupid dream! Wasn't it?-

I shook away all the stupid thoughts, and pulled myself out of bed. It was the last day of school before Christmas break.

I woke Char up, feeling guilty. I mean I had been dreaming about her boyfriend!

-Who was your best friend way before that!

Okay you're right! But that doesn't matter!-

"Come on let's get this stupid day over with," Char stretched and stood up.

I put on my grey leggings with thin black lines going across looking like pencil streaks. On top I had a mint green button up shirt that hung over my butt, and my black bearpaw boots.

Char put on a black cami with a white pullover hoodie. She paired it with black leggings and grey suede boots.

I wore a thin jacket as we walked over to the school buildings. It didn't get much colder than this in Mississippi. Char and I headed to art.

She spent the whole class talking about how she missed Seth and wanted to see him again. It was driving me crazy! I couldn't stop thinking about him!

-You're so stupid! You've known the guy since you were six and you pick now to start falling for him?

Kevin! I am NOT falling for him!

Whatever you say!-

I knew I needed to talk about this with someone besides Kevin! Since Char was out of the question, the obvious choice was Zach.

Char was busy during lunch, so I snuck away with Zach.

After listening to my story his response was, "Yup, you are definitely falling hard Av!"

"Ugggghhh! But I can't be! How could I do this to Char? And it's so weird! I never thought of him like that!" This whole situation was a disaster!

"I think you've always secretly felt this way, and you're just now realizing it. Think about how much you hated it when he was dating Cara!"

"That's because it was Cara!" I whined, "I was happy for him and Char."

"Or we're you convincing yourself TO be happy about it?" He raised one eyebrow.

"I don't even know anymore! You're making this confusing!"

"Sorry," He smirked.

"What would I do without you?" I asked him earnestly. "Zachy I swear, Char will have to stop being stupid and realize that she has been overlooking you this whole time!"

He laughed, but it was forced. "I can dream. Actually though, I was meaning to talk to you about that."

"Yeah?"

"I have to tell her! Avalie I don't want to do this to hurt Seth's chances with her. I just want her to know, even if it makes it more painful. She has to know that I want to be the one for her." He stared down shamefully.

I smiled lightly, "Then you have to go for it Zachy."

He didn't say anything, just hugged me.

POV: Char

Zach approached my locker as I was packing everything up to get the hell out of here. "Hey Zach!" I called smiling.

He looked at me seriously, "Can we talk?"

Well this was odd. He seemed a little scared. What was going on? "Um sure?" I answered.

"Let's take a walk."

Zach led me outside, and we set our things on a bench outside the school. We followed a little trail for our walk.

"So what's this all about?" I asked him.

"Listen Char. I really don't know how to do this, so I'm just going to jump right in. I really like you, more than I've ever liked anyone. I didn't really stop liking you after we broke up. For awhile it just hurt, but now I know I just blew my shot with you. I'm not saying this because I want you to forget about Seth and just jump right to me. I just want you to know that I think you're beautiful and amazing and I am the stupidest person in the world for letting you slip away. If you don't feel the same way, fine. Maybe you never did, even when we dated. I just feel better now that you know this."

-Holy shit, way to drop a bomb!-

I didn't want to think back to when we dated. It made me remember the way I felt when his perfect lips touched mine.

-Stop it! You have a boyfriend!-

But truthfully kissing Seth didn't lift me of my feet. It was nice, nothing more. Nothing like Zach. I felt stupid for not realizing that until now.

I came to my senses, noticing that I was just standing there, not responding. Like an idiot.

I stuttered a reply, "Th-thank you f-for that." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and hurried away.

-Are you stupid? 'Thank you for that'???? That's the best thing you could come up with after he gave you that amazing confession?

Yup. That was what I said.-

I ran to Avalie in tears, pouring out the whole story.

She hugged me and shushed me. We watched movies and ate whatever the hell we wanted.

"Avalie?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I need to break up with Seth." I said quietly.

She looked at me sadly, "Probably."

"I feel terrible!" I could feel myself about to cry again. I never cried this much!

"Shhh. You're doing the right thing. Just let him down easy, okay?"

"Okay." I could do that. He deserved at least that.

:( So are you happy for Zach or sad for Seth? Poor Char, she's so conflicted! I guess Avalie decided how she really felt! Do you think she actually liked him this whole time? Tell me what you think! I still updated on time even though there's only like 40 minutes of the day left! Yeah it's like 11:20 so super sorry, but busy weekend! 1000 reads would be amazing...so please? Love youuuu!

-cc