Chapter XXVII: Mystery Revealed

POV: Avalie

Seventeen. Does it feel different? Nope. I was the first one awake, it was almost nine o clock, we would need to get a move on soon.

I nudged Char with my toe until she growled and slapped it away.

"Wake up already!" I was shaking her.

"Gaaaahhhh! Okay, okay!" She rubbed her face, Char was not a morning person. "So should we wake up the boys?" She asked.

"Not yet, look how adorable they are!" We laughed at their sleeping faces.

Char began snapping pictures with her phone and giggling.

We got one of her kissing Seth's cheek, and one of Daniel holding a little stuffed bear. Naturally, they slept through all of this.

We still didn't want to wake them yet, so we began to pick out our outfits for the day. I put on jean shorts and a volleyball t-shirt. My hair was pulled into a side pony with a thin black headband.

Char had jean shorts on that were even shorter than mine and a fitted pink v-neck. Her hair was in a ponytail also, but of course she didn't need a headband for it. I hated her for that.

We woke the boys, which was a struggle. They moaned, growled, and swore at as.

"Seth, get your lazy ass up!" I kicked him lightly.

"Zach-" Char started.

"I'm up, I'm up!" He mumbled.

"Wear shorts, we're going to be outside all day." Ah the perks of living in Mississippi. It was going to be seventy degrees today.

I had talked to Daniel before, and luckily he said that he would be able to walk around all day, as long as he had his cane. I felt guilty, he seemed so embarrassed at having to use it. He didn't understand that none of us cared, it was just amazing that he could walk.

"Can you please tell us where the hell we're going?" Zach whined at me.

"Nope. You and Seth don't get to know. I will tell you that it's by my Aunt Elle's house, so we're going to spend the night there." Just as I said that, Elle knocked on my door, "Come in!"

"Will you guys be ready to go soon?" She asked, "Breakfast is downstairs."

"Yup!" Char squealed excitedly.

"I'm tired," Seth whined.

Elle laughed, "You can sleep in the car. I'll drive you guys up there, and then back tomorrow. Eve's going to stay here with Lisa."

I smiled, "I bet she's excited about that!"

"You bet! Now hurry up," Elle closed the door and left.

During breakfast everyone wished me a happy birthday once again. My mom made the most amazing pancakes. Before I knew it, we were all putting our shoes on and heading out the door.

~~~

Like us, Drew had just woken up from a nap and was a little fussy. I held him on Elle's couch, we had just arrived.

"Everyone can settle in, and then whenever you're ready you can go." Elle said as she showed everyone else the house.

Char and I were going to sleep in Eve's room, and the boys would sleep in the guest room. Today was going to be so fun!

Elle handed me a bottle so I could feed Drew. Daniel came and sat next to me, setting his cane on the floor.

It took forever, but finally at 1:00 everyone was ready to leave.

"Bye Elle, thanks so much!" I said, giving her Drew.

She waved goodbye as we headed outside and got into her car.

"Drumroll please," Char requested.

"Our mystery destination is an amusement park!" I hollered.

The boys whooped with excitement.

"It's about ten minutes from here." I said loudly, making a right turn.

POV: Seth

I jumped out of the car the minute it was in park. "Let's go!" I called to everyone.

"Calm down!" Avalie laughed at me.

I helped Char out of the car, remembering to be a gentleman.

"Thanks," She giggled giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

We payed as fast as possible and rushed to the first ride we came to.

"This looks lame," Daniel pointed at a pathetic one with only small drops.

Of course, that was the one we were standing in line for.

"Just as our first one!" Char said. I don't know if you boys can handle the bigger ones!"

"Is that a challenge?" I asked, causing her to laugh.

All my hopes of Char being scared of roller coasters were crushed. Nope that girl screamed and laughed and yelled. She loves them! Don't get me wrong though, it was equally adorable.

We had ridden four rides so far, but nothing too rough. Until Avalie chose the next one, that is.

"This one!" She yelled running towards it.

That roller coaster made even me nervous. It had three loops, a corkscrew and insane drops. "Let's do it."

####################

This was just kind of a happy, fun chapter! No big twists haha! No one died! Anyway, I've been doing a pretty good job of updating every other day if I do say so myself. I haven't missed a beat since chapter 21! (XXI) There's a pretty good chance that we won't have school Monday or Tuesday, so there is no reason why I wouldn't have another chapter done by Tuesday! Yay updates!

-cc