Chapter II: More Than Friends

POV: Avalie

"Hey cutie. What's your name?" This was the bravest I had ever felt, I think it was the shoes. Maybe Char would let me keep them!

He turned to me and smiled. he was even cuter up close! "Zach."

"As in Zachary?" I felt so great!

"Nope! Just Zach!"

"Well, Just Zach, would you be Just Single?" I was getting scared now, my heart was beating hard in my chest.

He gave me I sly smile, "I would. What's your name pretty girl?"

Yes!!! It worked, wow his eyes were pretty! Greenish-grey with long black eyelashes. " Avalie Wright. Do you wanna dance?"

Zach beamed at me, "You bet I do Miss Avalie!"

The songs changed and a slow when came on. I panicked, I wasn't expecting this! Who plays slow music at a party??? I looked nervously at Zach.

But he just smiled confidently and took me into his arms. We danced to the song, and I knew I had started to fall for him. We danced the rest of the night until I found Char and we went back to the dorms in good spirits.

~~~

We flopped on our beds in exhaustion. Char turned towards me, her lipstick was slightly smeared and only one half of her hair was curled. "So Avalie, how was your night? I kind of lost track of you out there!"

"Where to even start! Char it was so great! I danced with one of the cutest guys I've ever met!"

Char gave me a look of approval, "Who?!" She squealed.

I blushed, "His name is Zach!!!"

She gave me a look of dismay, "Um, does he have blonde hair?"

"Yeah....he's super cute!"

Now Char looked angry, "You can't like him!"

I wrinkled my forehead, "And WHY is that?!!"

"Avalie he's my ex! We broke up a couple weeks ago!" She was starting to shout.

"Ok, so what do you want me to do? I like him!"

"Like him? LIKE HIM??? You barely know him! And friends don't date their friends exes!"

"I only met you a couple hours before I met him!" Who did Char think she was? Why shouldn't I get a chance with Zach?

"What happened to sisters before misters? Ever heard of THAT?" Char looked like she might cry.

I was starting to feel bad. "I'm going to bed."

"Bitch," she sneered.

I pretended I didn't hear her as a few tears rolled down my face smearing my mascara. My first day had not ended well.

POV: Seth

Cara had been blowing up my phone. The more I thought about her, the less I could stand her. Her hair was kind of greasy, and damaged from so much straightening. She was always trying to flaunt everything she had. Okay so I see why Avalie couldn't stand her.

Avalie, her name was so familiar. She had been my best friend since we were little, everyone swore we would get married. But it was never like that for us, we were just friends. Ok that wasn't entirely true. She was my first kiss. In 6th grade she wanted to, for practice she said. I agreed, said I wanted practice too, really I just wanted to kiss her.

I suppressed those feelings over the years, thought I had gotten over it. I knew she didn't think of me like that and probably never would. Now that she's gone, I'm not so sure. I'm missing my best friend, but it feels like I lost my other half.

??????????????????????????????

Happy thanksgiving! So yeah thanksgiving update, sorry I took forever!

-cc