Positive

A/N: YES!! The most anticipated chapter everyone has been eager to read. Thanks to those who’ve commented/messaged/voted I love you all! Please, please keep those reviews coming. The next chapter is the final chapter, despite the epilogue. Sadly…BUT do not fret Psych-o’s a new romance is being written.

Review, let me know what you think! The more reviews I get, the faster the next one gets uploaded. Sorry it took so long, had hit a major writing block and work has been super busy at work due to elections. ENJOY!!!

Chapter 24: Positive

"Cass," Shawn said gently. "Maybe it’s time you tell your mom about this. You’ve been puking your guts out all week.”

Cassidy didn't even look at him, continuing gazing into the water inside the porcelain bowl. She knew Shawn was right. She’d been sick the majority of the week and it wasn’t getting any better. Her enthusiastic, active and outgoing self was now replaced with constant fatigue, nausea, headaches and mood swings.

 "For the hundredth time, Shawn, I’m fine," she said stubbornly. "I’ve probably caught that stupid bug that’s been going around lately. It’s just got to..."

Her sentence remained unfinished as she kneeled before the toilet bowl once again, retching and gagging.

Shawn placed a hand on her back as he asked if she was all right, his voice laced with concern.

"I'm fine," she said, trying to shrug him off. "I’ll be good to go here in a few.”

“You aren’t going anywhere.” The hazel eyed man said sternly. “You need to rest."

Cassidy tried to get to her feet and insist on continuing going to date night, but her knees buckled. Shawn caught her easily. "Cass," he chastised sternly. "You're too weak to even stand. There's no way in hell we’re going out if you’re this sick.”

Cassidy went to protest again but he hushed her with his fingers to her lips. “I almost lost you once," he said softly. "I'll be damned if I let you slip away again because you’re too damn stubborn to listen. Now, march into the bedroom and lay down.”

  Her expression softened as he brushed tangled brown strands away from her face. Cassidy sighed, a small pout forming on her lips. She knew he meant well and she loved him for that, but she didn’t intend to spend their date night bed ridden.

“Fine,” She said, exasperation taking the place of the dread in her voice and Shawn chuckled at her annoyance. “But not until I brush this disgusting taste out of my mouth.”

Even though she didn't like it, Shawn carried Cassidy bridal style, stating that if she was too weak to stand, she certainly wouldn't be able to make it to their bedroom. She grumbled her protests, her pride objecting to having to be carried, but knowing there was no winning out against Shawn. He could be just as stubborn as herself when he wanted to be. And in all honesty, she rather liked the feel of his strong hands gripping her thighs to support her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, breathing in his scent and she found that it calmed her, gave her sense of security in a way she couldn't really explain.

Shawn sat on the bed next to Cassidy and hooked his thumbs in the side of the leggings she was wearing and pulled them down, slowly running his hands down her legs to take her feet out. He then slipped his hands under her top and unclasped her bra, tossing it onto the floor.

She wanted to shield herself from his eyes but knew he wouldn't allow it so she tried to calm her raging blush. Shawn chuckled softly and shook his head. “You’re so cute when I make you blush.” He said, his eyes looking straight into hers.