Dilemma Part 1

A/N: Thanks to Fantomfaire, pineapplegirl123 (FanFiction) Mymoonlight321, ChloeEtherington for reviewing as well as to those who voted/favorite/followed Antiquity!

Note, I had to break this chapter down into two parts, I really didn’t want to but I stopped at a great point for a cliffy. The other chapter is almost complete and after this part of the story passes we will be nearing the end in about 3-4 chapters, which those chappies will be over 3000 words a piece.

ALSO!!! Don’t forget to check out the newest story I released called Abducted! I’ll be writing that one a lot after Antiquity, but it’ll be a short story and also doing a request for someone on QuoteV for another Psych romance as well as a lot of one-shots with this story.

Don’t forget to leave a review once you finished this chapter! *Hugs*

Chapter 21: Dilemma Part 1

Cassidy and Becca stared in disbelief at the amount of security roaming around the warehouse, but what really caught Cassidy’s interest was what they were guarding.

“Whoa,” Cassidy said excitedly. “They plan on smuggling firearms and narcotics out of the country.” 

Becca pushed herself up on her knees, ready to crawl back around to the car. Cassidy grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back down. A circle of light, the beam from the flashlight, hit the hill, then swept across its surface. A gruff voice shouted from inside. “Hurry up you morons, we don’t have all night!”

 “This is too big, even for you.” Becca whispered. “There’s no way they’re just going to let you just waltz in on there and let you walk out alive. We need to call the cops.”

Cassidy got on her knees and pulled out a card from her back pocket. “Good idea,” She said, then handed Becca the card. “I saw a pay phone about ten miles back before the turn off here. Call this number and ask for Agent Miller. Don’t give him your name just inform him of what’s going down and meet me back here in this exact spot.”

“You’re not coming with me?” Becca asked skeptically.

Cassidy shook her head. “No,” She said. “I know the layout of this warehouse like the back of my hand. If anyone has a chance getting him out alive it’s me. I’ll be in and out before you know it.”

Becca grabbed Cassidy’s arm. “You can’t go in there, I won’t let you.” She said. “I know I’ve destroyed our friendship, but to me you’re still my best friend and I’ll be damned if I let you go out there alone. Is his life that valuable that you’re willing to put your own at stake?”

Cassidy tore her arm from Becca’s clutch. “I know you’re worried, but if I don’t go in there right now he’ll die and I’ll never be able to forgive myself when I know damn well I could’ve prevented it.” She said. “This is what my father spent all of his time preparing me for and I finally get to put it to use. So do what I told you to do, call Agent Miller and inform him of the situation and meet me back here as soon as you can.”

 “Cassidy-“

Cassidy gave her a reassuring smile. “Go, I’ll be fine, I promise.”

Becca nodded her head wearily, afraid this would be the last time she saw her best friend alive. “Just be careful,” She said. “I’ll be here when you get out.”

~ANTIQUITY~

Cassidy ducked behind the large oak tree as the guard slowly passed by. The small window two stories above her was big enough for her small frame to fit through and the stacked crates would give her the boost she needed to sneak in. From there she could take the aluminum walkway down to the first level where she figured Shawn was being held, except one obstacle stood in her way.

She counted a total of two men guarding the east side of the building, both wearing camouflage, army boots, black balaclavas and all holding automatic rifles. She needed to get them alone and take them down one by one.

Cassidy scrambled around in the leaves and came up with a small, twig. She lobbed the twig towards the guard. It flew just behind his head and thumped into a tree. The guard whirled around, leveling his gun at the source of the sound. The other guard signaled him to check out the noise.

Cassidy smirked. Her plan was going just as she had hoped for. The man tore through the bushes looking for the source of the noise. Seizing the perfect opportunity to catch him off guard, she quietly approached her target from behind. Taking her dominant arm she wrapped it around the neck of her opponent, her bicep pressed against one side of his neck and her forearm pressed against the other side she applied pressure to both sides of the neck by squeezing her forearm and bicep together.

She grabbed the bicep of her free arm with her dominant hand, using her other hand to press the opponent's head forward toward the elbow of her dominant arm, keeping him from being able to breathe.

Immediately she relaxed her hold when her opponent went limp, but did not unlock her arms. She relaxed her hold enough to allow him to breathe again and placed his unconscious form down on the ground quietly.  

One down, one to go!

A few minutes passed and the last remaining guard started to become suspicious when his partner had yet to return. Following the same path as his partner, Cassidy patiently waited for him to drop his guard.  The man crouched down to his partner and took his wrist and felt for a pulse.

As Cassidy stepped around the tree a twig under her foot snapped giving away her position. A shocked gasp escaped her lips. The man quickly stood and turned, leveling his rifle at her then squeezed the trigger.

Cassidy dived to the ground as a rain of bullets tore holes in the oak trees. As he loaded another magazine into the rifle she jumped to her feet. Making a peace sign with her fingers and brought them together so they were touching each other and aimed towards the man’s throat, causing his pharynx to cave in, preventing the offender from breathing.

The man collapsed onto his knees trying to regain his breath, Cassidy clenched her fist and punched him in his right temple next to his eye, knocking him out cold.

“Asshole,” She muttered.

Needing to make haste before the other guards arrived from the several gunshots fired, Cassidy turned towards the large crates but winced when a pain shot through her right side.

She pressed a hand to the source of the pain but pulled it away once she felt something wet seeping through her clothes. She brought her hand up to her face to examine the wet substance. Blood trickled down her gloved hand and realized she’d just been shot.

“Shit,” She hissed. With shaky hands she lifted her hoodie to inspect the severity of the wound. To her luck, the bullet didn’t inflict any major damage but managed to graze her.   

Gritting her teeth, she fought through the pain and pulled herself up to the first crate, then the next and so forth.

I’m coming, Shawn! Just hold on!