Late Night Discussions

A/N: Thanks to all of those who’ve reviewed/favorite/followed Antiquity. Very much appreciated, please keep it coming. I want to apologize for the late update. I had a major issue with my back where my baby was leaning on my spine and I couldn’t walk, but thanks to the Chiropractor here he was able to get me back on my feet with no pain!

I hope this chapter is to your enjoyment, took me forever to figure out how I was going to write it. Things are going to start picking up now, so be ready. ^^ As always, enjoy and drop a review!

Chapter 9: Late Night Discussions

~RECAP~

“You were right. I am a stick in the mud. I’m not fun. I really don’t know how to have fun. I refrain from all those things because of my father. I just do as he wishes so I won’t get the beating of a lifetime. I’m this person right now, but when he comes home I’ll be a completely different person. Someone you won’t recognize anymore. I’m not good for you, Shawn. You’d be wise to walk away right now and forget that we ever met. I’ll just end up hurting you.”

Shawn smiled faintly and stepped forward. “I can’t do that,” He said.

Cassidy turned around and began walking in the direction of her house. “And why the hell not?”

Before she was out of his reach, Shawn quickly grabbed her hand, stopping her from walking any further. “Because,” He said. “I love you, Cass.”

~ANTIQUITY~

Cassidy’s heart felt as though it had stopped beating. He loved her, why? They’ve only known one another for a short period of time, what could he have possibly seen in her that made him fall in love with her in the first place. She was nothing more than a monster, a weapon in her father’s eyes. If Shawn saw what she was really capable of he would run away and wouldn’t spare her another glance.

Cassidy ripped her hand from Shawn’s grasp and took a step back away from him. What was she supposed to say? What did he want her to say?

“No,” She whispered, her hand tightening around the strap of her backpack. “No you don’t. Take it back, take it back right now.”

Shawn took a step forward. “Why?” He asked, curiously.

Cassidy threw her hands in the air in frustration and began pacing around. “Jesus, Shawn, what do you want me to say? That I love you?” She asked. “We hardly know one another. We’ve been on one date, one date and that’s all.”

“Two,” He said quickly, causing the young teenager to roll her eyes.

“Shawn,” Cassidy spoke softly. “I don’t love you. I like you, but I don’t love you.”

Even in the dark, Cassidy could see Shawn’s beautiful eyes brighten in excitement. “See, I knew you liked me,” He said, beaming. “Clearly you can’t resist my charm.”

Cassidy felt a heavy pain in her chest. She wanted to cry, but held a strong front. In all honesty she was really beginning to like him. It took one small incident for her to realize what those feelings really were. She couldn’t bring herself to hurt him, she couldn’t. If she allowed herself to fall in love with Shawn her father would take it all away in a heartbeat.

 “You don’t understand,” She whispered. “I told you I’m no good for you. You’re better off with someone who can give you what you want, someone you could be happy with and spend the rest of your life with. You’ll be wasting your time if you’re with me.”

Shawn studied his friend closely, as if looking for the smallest chink in her armor of denial. Then he let out a sigh and stood directly in front of her.