Aftermath

A/N: Here is another long chapter! Yay! Though I’m really sad now, I’m going for two more chapters if they are long as well and we’re done with the prequel. THOUGH, I’m considering doing little one-shots of what Cassidy went through after Hailey died. Thanks to those who’ve reviewed/favorite/followed Antiquity. It means a lot!

I cut out the lemon scene to this chapter due to the young readers I have reading this story, BUT do not fret my lemon readers, if you want to read the lemon feel free to message me or email me at eclair[dot]designs@yahoo[dot]com (Sorry, got to type it out or it won’t show on here.)

Please, please review! Thanks my lovely psych-o’s, you’re great!!

Chapter 23: Aftermath

“Thank you, Mr. Spencer, looks like I got everything I need for now.” The Agent said as he placed the small notepad into his back pocket and turned towards the door. “If it turns out we need anything else from you we’ll give you a call.”

“Sounds great,” Shawn muttered.

After a moment a nurse joined by a doctor, who gave Shawn a quick once-over and approved his release. Shawn spent the next fifteen minutes filling out insurance paperwork and the following forty-five coaxing his fingers into bending sufficiently to button his shirt.

Shawn heard the sound of a door opening across the room.

“Shawn?” It was woman’s voice, Evelyn’s voice.

Evelyn shut the door quietly behind her and stalked toward him, her brown orbs never leaving Shawn’s face as she came. As she approached, see seemed to be contemplating about something hard.

“I guess it’d be hard to button yourself with those hands,” Evelyn said with a small smile. Indeed it was hard. His right arm was in a sling and just had fifteen total stitches placed in his hands.

“May I?” Evelyn said, pointed to his unbuttoned shirt.

“Sure,” Shawn replied meekly.

Evelyn used one hand to hold the side of the button using her thumb and index finger. Using her thumb and index finger on her other hand to hold the slit up she lined the button up to the slit so the two were just barely touching and pushed hard on the button’s side so it would push through the small slit. Letting her hand slip from the side of the button to the bottom she pushed the other part of the button through and repeated the process until his shirt was fully buttoned.

“There you go sweetie,” She said softly, releasing Shawn’s shirt and giving him a tiny smile.

“How’s, Cass?” Shawn said anxiously. “Is she going to be alright?”

“They just pulled her out of surgery and are moving her into a room as we speak.” Evelyn informed. “As for her condition, she was pretty banged up when she was brought in. She lost a lot of blood and they had to give her a blood transfusion. Luckily the blade missed her Femoral artery by a mere inch but they still had to repair some tissue damage. The anesthesia won’t wear off for a while so she won’t completely come to for another couple of hours.”

Shawn let out a deep breath in relief. “Oh, thank god.” He said. “Mrs. Reed I’m-“

Evelyn held up a hand to cut him off. “Shawn, the reason why I’m here is not only to tell you the status of my daughter but to tell you that David has persuaded me to consider the well-being of my daughter while you two are together.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying I want you to stay away from my daughter.” She said quietly, her voice surprisingly soft and almost...wounded.