Confession

Chapter 8: Confession

A/N: Thanks to Pineapplegirl123, Flamingaura, Fantomfaire (FanFiction) Anon Ryder23 (Wattpad) for reviewing! And also to those who’ve followed Antiquity. This is a pretty decent size chapter, so enjoy!

Spring break was officially over. Since the incident with Jason, Cassidy hadn’t heard from Becca or Shawn. That day she returned home, her mother immediately drove Cassidy to her private practice and ran a series of tests on her to confirm what drug or drugs Jason gave her that night and also to give her peace of mind that her only child wasn’t raped.

Evelyn, her mother called her boss at the diner and informed him that she would be taking the rest of the spring break vacation off from work for personal reasons.

Cassidy was punished and sentenced to three weeks of grounding for lying. There was no computer, unless it was strictly used for school work. No phone, no borrowing the car and no going out on the weekends. She was to head straight to school and head straight back home unless she was scheduled down to work that week.

Her phone was returned to her on weekdays so her mother could keep tabs on her at all times while she was at school and at work. When her mother would return home, Cassidy was ordered to hand over her phone until the following morning.

Cassidy grabbed her backpack from off the bed and took one more glance in the wall mirror before heading off to school. She wasn’t fond of wearing makeup. But that day her mother mentioned the bruise on her face, she did her best to hide it. It was slowly fading, but she still had to place some concealer over the mark.

She was dreading returning to school. One, she was angry with Becca, angry for leaving her alone while she fooled around, giving Jason that opportunity to take advantage of her. Second, what if she saw Jason? What was she supposed to do, how would she react?

She shook her head of such thoughts and ran out of her bedroom and headed downstairs for her mother to drop her off at school before on her way to work. “You ready, sweetie?” Evelyn asked.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” She muttered.

Cassidy ignored the several looks she was given as she pushed her way through the crowded halls as she made her way towards her locker. She didn’t like being the center of attention, but once she stepped foot on campus, everyone’s eyes seemed to lock on her.

She immediately halted when she caught glimpse of Jason stepping out of the men’s restroom. She couldn’t help but admire Shawn’s work. Jason’s entire face was bruised and swollen. His nose was placed in a splint, indicating that it was indeed broken. His arm was also placed in a cast, making him lose any chance of playing football for the rest of the season.

Jason must’ve also taken notice of Cassidy because all the color in his face had seemed to drain. Eyes widen, Jason took a few steps back until his back hit the lockers. He quickly turned around and hustled down the hallway to god knows where. Cassidy shrugged her shoulders and turned down another hall where she saw Becca standing by her locker.

 “Hey,” Becca whispered.

“Hey,” Cassidy muttered, turning the dial to the combination lock.

 “I’m so sorry, Cassidy.” Becca began.

Cassidy grabbed a few books out of her locker and slammed the metal door shut. “Save your excuses, Rebecca.” Cassidy said through clenched teeth.

Becca winced at her name. The only time Cassidy ever used her actual name was when she was angry and that was when they were six years old when she purposely took a pair of scissors to Cassidy’s hair.