Acceptance-I think not.

A/N: Thanks for those who’ve reviewed on the last chapter, means a lot! This is a really long chapter, I didn’t want to break it into two parts. Let me know what you think. I LOVE feedback!

Chapter 18: Acceptance…I think not.

The next few weeks went off without a hitch. Shawn had kept a watchful eye out for the two men at the diner that he’d seen previously sitting across the street from his apartment, but was unable to catch sight of them again. Though, he hoped that was the last time he would see them lingering around his place.

As for Cassidy, the first two weeks were hectic with the DEA’s PTT and BAT. However, she managed to complete all of said requirements before the deadline. Now it was a waiting game and the test results were expected to arrive any day.

~ANTIQUITY~

“So, how’s Shawn?” Evelyn said with a knowing smirk as she passed Cassidy a ceramic plate to dry off. 

The teenager sighed. She should have seen this coming. Oh, why off all days did she have to offer to help her mother out with the dishes? She took the plate from her mother’s hands and grabbed the dish towel lying on the counter and began to dry the plate off in a circular motion. 

Cassidy tore her eyes away from the window to look at her mother.“Great,” Cassidy said quickly. “He’s doing great.”

Cassidy rolled her eyes and looked back out the window. The world on the other side of the glass was dark and dreary. It was rare for Santa Clara to have rainstorms, but tonight was one of those rare nights.

The sky was pitch black, the wind was whipping the leaves off the trees, and the lights were flickering uncontrollably. A bright light outside the window filled the large kitchen for a moment before the roaring sound of thunder followed it.

“Oh, come on sweetie you don’t have to be so shy around me, I’m your mother you can talk to me about anything.” She smiled. “Have the two of you gotten you know ‘physical’?”

Cassidy’s cheeks flushed pink. She never felt so humiliated in her life. The plate she was holding slipped through her fingers. With quick reflexes she caught the plate with ease before it managed to hit the ground and shattered into tiny little pieces.

“Christ mom, this is exactly why I don’t like talking to you about these things.” She said. “You always manage to strike up a conversation and turn it into an awkward one.”

Evelyn chuckled softly and shook her head.  “What, I’m your mother. I’m curious as to know if my daughter is having intercourse and is using the protection I provided for her in case one day she decides she’s ready.”

Cassidy placed the plate down in the dish rack and proceeded to the next one. “Geez, mom I’m still a virgin alright.” She said uncomfortably. “And yes, I’m still on the damn pill.”

“Do you want more?” Evelyn asked.

“Mom!”

“Just answer the question, Cassidy.” Evelyn said. “It’s okay to want more in your relationship as long as you’re ready for it. I was a little older than you when-“

Cassidy sighed.

“I really, really don’t want to hear another story about you and dad’s sex life. I swear if I hear another one of those I’ll scratch my eyes out from the horrible images you placed in my head.” She said. “If I tell you will you please get off my back?”

Evelyn smiled at her daughter. “Fine,” She said.

“Yes,” Cassidy said honestly. “I want more from him and I can tell he wants the same, but he doesn’t pressure me into doing anything I’m not comfortable with unless I’m ready. I just…I don’t know how to tell him that’s what I want without sounding like a slut.”