Bad Impressions

A/N: Thanks Fantomfaire (FanFiction) Dkf1999 and ilOve46 (Wattpad) for reviewing and to those who’ve favorite/voted for Antiquity. Please review after this chapter, would like to know if you enjoyed it!

Chapter 2: Bad Impressions

“What!?”

The unnecessary shouting from Becca and Jason didn’t go unnoticed in the small dinner causing a few heads to turn in their direction, giving them mixed looks. Sighing, Cassidy placed a hand over their mouth to silence them.

“Will you two please pipe down,” She hissed. “You’re drawing unwanted attention in our direction. That’s all we need is more customers to file more complaints to the manager on how loud you two are being.”

As Becca removed Cassidy’s hand away from her mouth, Jason licked Cassidy’s hand in return, earning him a look of disgust from her. “So did you scream at all?” Becca said. “You know, just like other girls would?”

 “Nope,” She said proudly. “I gave them a good bashing…well one of them.”

Becca sighed. “Just as I expected,”

“It’s good that you were unharmed,” Jason said. “But please don’t act so impulsively again. You might not be so fortunate next time,”

Cassidy smiled. “I’m sorry, for making you guys worry like that.” She said. “But it’s fine. I can handle myself pretty well. It’s what I was trained to do.”

Becca jumped on the counter and grinned. “So, when do I get to meet this Shawn guy?” She asked curiously.

Jason shot Cassidy a disapproving glance which she ignored as he walked around the counter to check on his tables. Cassidy shrugged and leaned against the counter next to Becca. “He’s supposed to stop by after my shift at six.” She said. “But who knows, he might not even show up.”

 “What’s he like?” She smirked. “Is he cute?”

Cassidy flushed and looked at Becca. “Well, he’s-“

Becca held up a hand, gesturing Cassidy to stop speaking. “Let me guess, he’s got a bad boy look to him, long hair and a piercing on the left ear.” She said.

Cassidy arched an eyebrow and gave her friend a puzzled look. “That is spot on, with scary precision.”  She said. “How did you know?”

 “Because he just walked in,” She grinned.”Man, you sure do know how to pick’em.”

Cassidy turned her head to see the young man she encountered the previous night. She glanced at her watch and realized he was two hours early and wondered if this guy was a plain out moron who forgot what time to show up or if he was completely bored with his life and had nothing in life to entertain him for two measly hours.

Becca jumped off the counter. “He’s all yours.” She said, shoving Cassidy forward. “Go on, don’t be shy.”

Cassidy took a step back and turned around to her friend with a pleading look. “I swear I won’t ever ask you to do anything for me ever again if you take this one off my hands.” She pleaded. “Please, Becca.”

Becca frowned and grabbed a menu off of the rack and shoved it into Cassidy’s hands. “You’ll thank me for this someday Cassidy,” She said as she grabbed her best friends arm and lugged her in Shawn’s direction. Cassidy jerked her arm from Becca’s tight grasp and pleaded with her once more. Becca shook her head and shoved her forward.

“So you’re the gambling junkie Cassidy’s been talking about.” Becca said, extending her hand. Cassidy could feel her mouth dropping at Becca’s words and flustered from embarrassment. Shawn grinned and took Becca’s hand and shook it.