Three-Day Rule

A/N:  Thanks to fantomfaire (Fanfiction) AnonRyder23 (Wattpad) for commenting. Also thanks to those who’ve voted/favorite/followed Antiquity. I would love to see more reviews, kind of want to know if people like this so I can continue writing it. Please review, but most of all enjoy!

Chapter 5: Three-Day Rule

 “So, what’s his name?” Cassidy’s mother asked curiously with a smile.

Cassidy choked on her orange juice mid-sip and looked at her mother. “What’s who name?” Cassidy asked, nervously.

Her mother smirked and leaned forward on the table.  “Don’t play dumb with me young lady,” She chuckled. “The young man that just happened to walk you to the doorstep last night, late I might add.”

“You saw that, huh?” Cassidy said, quietly. Her mother nodded. “His name is Shawn Spencer. I met him while I was closing up one night at the diner.”

“Are you two a thing?” Her mother mused.

Cassidy scoffed. “No, we’re just friends.” She said. “And what is this, twenty questions?”

“I think I have a right to know who my daughter’s dating, don’t you think?” She smiled. “Besides, I’m cutting you some major slack by not grounding you for a month for lying to me yesterday. So spill it sweetie, I want to know everything.”

Cassidy placed her empty plate down into the sink and hopped up onto the counter.”Okay, in my defense mom I had nothing to do with what Becca did yesterday. So if you want to punish anybody, punish her. And like I said, we’re not dating. We’re just friends, nothing more.” She said, and then glanced at her watch. “I have ten minutes before I have to leave for my routine training with Uncle Jack, so you better get cracking on those questions…now.”

“Did you two have intercourse last night?” She asked.

Cassidy flushed. “What, mom, no! Come on!” She shrieked.

“It’s just an honest question, Cassidy.” Her mother said. “It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. It’s perfectly natural at your age to feel and explore new things, your hormones go crazy. I remember when I was your age your father-

Cassidy placed her hands over her ears and shut her eyes. “La, la, la, la!” She shouted. “I’m not listening!”

Her mother laughed and stood up from the table and lowered Cassidy’s hands to her side. “Did you two have intercourse?” She repeated again.

“No!” Cassidy cried.

Her mother sighed in relief. “Are you still taking your birth control?” She asked.

“Yes!”

 “How old is he?” She asked.

“Twenty three,” Cassidy replied quickly. “There’s a seven year age difference between us.”

“Acceptable, your father and I are ten years apart.” Her mother said. “What does he do for a living?”

“He just moved here from Santa Barbara,” She replied. “So he’s been looking around for a steady job, but at the moment he’s working full-time at some chain restaurant.”

Her mother pursed her lips. “He sounds like a job hopper, Cassidy.” She said disappointed.

“Cut him some slack, mom.” Cassidy said. “He’s a really nice guy and very smart, smarter than dad. He’s got a very keen eye for detail. It’s impressive, you should see it.”

“It sounds like you’ve taken a liking to this Shawn Spencer.” She said.

Cassidy nodded. “We’re the same.” She said. “We both have overbearing fathers who gave us a set of skills we didn’t want, but forced us to accept.”