First Kiss/Unexpected Surprise

A/N: Thanks to Fantomfaire, Guest, Pineapplegirl123 (FanFiction) Doctor_Who9 and Foreveralone12 (Wattpad) for reviewing, please keep it up! Here’s the next chapter, hope you’ll enjoy!

Chapter 10:  First kiss/Unexpected surprise

A little over four weeks had passed since Shawn and Cassidy began dating. After her punishment had been lifted, the two had gotten fairly close over the two weeks and enjoyed spending as much time as they could with one another.  But to Cassidy’s dismay, it wasn’t as much time as she would have hoped for.

Though summer vacation just started for the young teenager, she spent most of her time working full-time. And if she wasn’t working, she was out training with Jack. Things were about to change for Cassidy, things that would require her to make decisions.

~Antiquity~

“You’re scaring the regulars.” Cassidy spoke softly to Shawn as she placed a cup of coffee and a small plate of pie down in front of him.

Shawn smiled at Cassidy before he took a bite out of the pie.  “How so?” He asked curiously.

“Really, Shawn?” Cassidy chuckled lightly. “You’ve been sitting here in the exact same spot every day for the past week staring at me while I do my job, ordering nothing but a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. Some of the guys here think my face is going to be posted on a missing person’s bulletin, stapled onto a wooden light post.”

Shawn placed his fork down and stared at her. “It’s the only time we get to see each other.” He said.

Cassidy sat down in the booth across from him. “I know,” She said. “Which is why today is my last day on the job.”

“Cass-“

She held up a hand cutting him off. “I was going to tell you sooner, but things have gotten a little hectic around here lately.” She said. “Besides, I have plenty of money set aside in savings to last me a good while. Plus, mom thinks I’ve been working myself too hard lately and wants me to focus more on this last school year before I enroll into the police academy.”

Shawn leaned forward and gently grabbed Cassidy’s hand, kissing the back of it lightly causing her to blush lightly. “Which means I’ll have you all to myself for the summer.”

Cassidy pulled her hand away from Shawn’s grasp and flicked him lightly on the forehead. “Slow down there lover boy,” She said with a smile. “It’s not that I don’t mind spending time with you, I enjoy it. But did you happen to forget that my father will be returning home soon?”

Shawn shrugged. “Yeah, so?” He said.”Just do what I did back then, sneak out. He’ll never know.”

Cassidy rolled her eyes. “And risk being taken down by a top ranked sniper for the military, no thanks.” She said. “All I’m saying is that if everything goes as planned and he miraculously lets me keep dating, I’ll only be limited to do certain activities with you.”

A smirk found its way on Shawn’s face. “What kind of ‘certain activities’ did you have in mind?”

Cassidy’s face turned as red as a tomato. “Clearly not what you’re thinking at the moment, pervert.” She said as she scooted out from the booth. “Try to behave, alright? My shift ends in an hour and we can do anything you want afterwards.”

Cassidy was about to turn back to her tables, but Shawn grabbed her hand. “Kiss me.”

“What?”

“Kiss me,” He repeated again.

“What, right here?” She asked skeptically. Shawn nodded. “Are you crazy? I can’t do that in front of all these people, it’s not professional. Besides, this is not where I envisioned having my first kiss at.”