Meeting

A/N: Okay, well trying this out for the moment. I want to see how well this does before I decide to progress any further with this. This is the prequel to Coping (A Psych Story), hence the title. The sequel to Coping is slowly being updated, but I’m not too pleased with it. I might even consider putting it on Hiatus once again or do a total re-do. Haven’t decided…we’ll see.

In all honesty, I’ve had this story written for a while now. I wanted my readers to know a little more of Cassidy’s past. If you haven’t read Coping I suggest you do first, it will make a lot more sense, Please, please let me know what you think of this. If you enjoy I will continue to update.

I really went easy on my last story, time to spice it up a bit. We’re all adults and young adults, I’m pretty sure you can tolerate it.

NOTE: This takes place like around 11 years before Coping ended. Cassidy is about 16-17 in this story, Shawn back in his younger days when he left Santa Barbara. No Psychic business going on, just a keen eye for detail. Sorry Shules fans, there is none of that in this, total OFC.

I do NOT, repeat do NOT own Psych. I own Cassidy Reed along with a few other OC’s I created.

Chapter 1: Meeting

 “Come on, it’ll be tons of fun, besides Jason will be there and he’s way into you.” She persisted.

Cassidy placed the final chair upside down on the table and wheeled to her best friend, furious.  “I thought he was sick?” She cried loudly. “Dang it, I wouldn’t have covered for him if I knew he was going to be attending some stupid frat party. I have to work tomorrow Becca, not to mention a major homework assignment due Monday!”

Becca rolled her eyes. “Ditch the homework Cassidy,” She said. “You’ll never get laid if you keep drowning yourself in your studies. Live a little and come hang out with us. Besides, your dad won’t be arriving home for another four months. He’ll never know.”

Cassidy stared at Becca as though she had lost her mind. If her father got wind of her acting out like some wild banshee, he would literally beat her down to the ground once he arrived home. And it was something she was not willing to risk, not ever.

 “Becca, you know my father. Partying is not tolerated as long as I live under his roof, his house his rules. He’ll blow a gasket if he finds out I was out late at night goofing around. Besides, I don’t like trotting around flaunting all my goods like some slut, no offense.” Cassidy said flatly.

“Cassidy Leanne Reed, did you just call me a slut?” She laughed.

“You know I was only joking.” She said. “Besides, someone has to finish the job around here. Go, I’ll finish cleaning and lock up before I head home.”

Becca threw her arms around Cassidy and hugged her tightly. “You’re such a good friend, that’s why I love you so much.” She said. “I’ll see you in class first thing Monday.”

Cassidy pulled back and smiled weakly. “Just be careful. Don’t do anything stupid, okay. If you happen to get yourself into a dangerous situation, make sure you use what I taught you. And if you two decide to have…well you know, make sure you use protection.” She rambled.

“Yes mother.” She scoffed jokingly.

Cassidy pursed her lips as she watched her friend walk out of the diner. Sighing, she grabbed the mop out of the bucket and wringed out the excess water and pressed play on her walkman, continuing back to another long night at work.

~PSYCH~

Closed shops and pools of light surrounded by darkness raced by as he flew along the abandon street, after minutes of running he stopped, panting for breath. He could see his breath leave his mouth, as he gasped for air. His lungs felt like thousands of needles were penetrating them as the freezing air entered his body. The footsteps echoed along the street as they were catching up to him. He noticed a street lamp was out, darkening the alley that was up ahead.