The Exams Begin Part 2

A/N: Holy crud, everyone I’m so so sorry for the late update. Life has been crazy and there has been absolutely no time to write. So here’s an extra long chapter, please don’t forget to leave a review!

Chapter 17 : The Exams Begin Part 2

Cassidy watched her opponent closely as his right leg came sailing towards her at a quick pace. She quickly bent her knee high, absorbing the impact with the side of her leg. As she lifted her bent knee, she bent her right arm in defense position and brought her elbow near her bent knee and her hand to the side of her head. After blocking his kick, she was able to counter- attack with a kick of her own which he easily blocked.

A smirk curled up on the edge of Cassidy’s lips.

“I have to admit,” Cassidy said, wiping the bead of sweat rolling down the side of her face. “You’re a worthy opponent. I’ve never fought someone who could match my skills perfectly, let alone deflect my moves in such a timely manner. But as fun as this has been I’m going to have to end our little match, I have something important that needs attending to.”

The PT Officer balled his right fist and placed it under his chin, slightly to the right and pushed to the left, making a cracking sound.  He then placed an open palm across the underside of his chin and pushed to the right to crack the other side.

“I take it you’re referring to the dipshit that’s been standing by the bleachers all morning,” He said. “Listen kid, if you want to make it with us here at the DEA there’s no time for petty little relationships. The job requires your full attention 24/7, so take my advice sweetie, ditch the loser.”

Cassidy clenched her fists tightly, so tight her nails began to dig into the fabric of her tactical gloves.

Calm down, Cassidy. He’s taunting you, trying to make you lose your cool. That’s what he wants.

Cassidy chuckled lightly and sprinted towards him.

“I know what you’re trying to do and it’s not going to work!” She said.

Due to her stupidity for and haste to end the match quickly, she made a beginners mistake. As she lunged forward she gave him enough room to grab her.

“Shit!” She cursed.

Cassidy gritted her teeth as she tried to break from her assailants attack. She was starting to feel light headed from his headlock and the voices shouting her name seemed to become more distant as she was beginning to lose consciousness. 

“Come on, Kid.” The PT Officer whispered in her ear as he tightened his hold around her neck with more force. “Just give up; it’ll all be over soon.”

“No,”

As the darkness began to overcome her, Shawn’s voice brought her back to reality.

“Don’t listen to him, Cass!” Shawn shouted. “Stop holding back and show him what you can do!” 

She did her best to nod and quickly grabbed the PT Officer’s arm that was placed under her chin. She then dug in with both of her hands and pulled down. Pulling down on the assailants arm, she created space between his arm and her neck. She pushed her head towards her opponent’s arm that was behind her head.

Cassidy then proceeded to fall backwards causing her opponent’s back to fall to the ground with most of his weight on his shoulder. She then brought her legs parallel to the ground, allowing her to get one of his foot hooks out from her legs.

She forced her head backwards into the fighter's arm, breaking the grip he had on his opposite arm, relieving pressure. She then walked her feet out away from her opponent's foot hook, pushing her shoulders towards his chest and bringing her feet out and free from the hooks.