I pull it over my shoulders before walking out.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to Starbucks for a bit and study or something. I get there and ignore the curious looks of classmates, seeing as I've never come here before, and get a caramel ribbon crunch Frappuccino before sitting in a window seat. I open my backpack and take out my Mac. I set the backpack on the strap on the chair.

And, I guess that's how it all started for me. Placing that bag right there. I mean, it'd be the beginning of doom for Sophomore year me, but looking back at it, I'm so happy I did that.

I sit and scroll through Instagram on the computer, bored. I continue to do so.

Suddenly, the chair my backpack rests on skids, falling over because someone was pushed into it.

Not just someone.

Parker West. Well known around campus, Parker was attractive, a basketball player on the verge of getting signed and pulling as many bitches imaginable. Basically, one of the hottest and most popular boys at our University. He laughs it off until he realizes he just dumped my things everywhere. He leans down and starts to reach for the papers to pick them up. His eyes skim over the words, and his lips turn up. He glances at me.

"Interesting." He murmurs, handing the paper to me. It reads:

Ally's list of why she's such a loner.

I instantly feel my cheeks burn, so I get to the floor and pick up the rest of the stuff before he can see anything else that might possibly be in there.

"You're... Ally Smith, right?" He asks. I nod, and put my Mac back in my bag. "Hey, uh, you don't have to leave yet." He says. He looks morbidly shocked, probably upon actually seeing me anywhere other than the classes we have together.

"Uh, no, I finished my drink anyways." I mumble and look over to the open trash can. I pick up the cup and toss it. It makes it perfectly. I smile in satisfaction.

"Wow that was pretty impressive. Think you could take me in a game of basketball?" He asks with a slight smirk. That was his sport. Little did anyone know it was my sport too. Not that I did anything with it. I just wanted to be a reporter.

I let a small, nervous laugh. I don't talk to guys much, other than Sam or my brother, so I was admittedly very nervous.

"Uh.. Probably." I answer honestly. "Your defense is a little weak, and your shots are too tightened. You need to loosen up a bit." I tell him before realizing what I just said. "Not that you aren't good or anyth-"

He cuts me off by laughing. "No, you're fine.. Actually, thanks for the advice." He says. I smile shyly before awkwardly waving my hand with a very tiny shrug and walking away. "I'll- uh - see you in class." he calls. I glance back and shyly smile. I notice people watching the exchange. Girls sip their coffee while pursing their lips, eyes narrowing in my direction.

.
.
.

The next morning, I'm sitting at the counter by myself. Laney never came back, and I honestly don't want to know what her and Sam were doing last night in order for her not to come home.

I sip my coffee while reading the paper.

Suddenly, there's three quiet taps at my door. I glance down at my outfit. Jean short shorts, and a black tank top. I shrug and open the door.

There, stands Parker West. He takes in my appearance for a second. His gaze lingers on my long legs that I personally hate. I was pretty tall for a girl, something I'd always been insecure about.

"You should really show those legs off more." He mutters. His eyes raise to my face, which now has eyes looking like flying saucers. He smiles at the reaction. "Can I come in?" He asks calmly. I numbly step back and he comes in. He looks around and whistles in  appreciation to the apartment. I got to admit, my apartment is pretty bomb. Its all modern, black and white furniture, marble counter tops, amazing balcony right out of the living room.

"How did you... Why are you.."

"How did I find you and why am I here?" He offers, still looking at the apartment more than me. I'm okay with that. "One, the staff. Two, I'm here about that list." He states. I instantly blush, and he looks over to me.

"Uh.. That's nothing." I mumble.

"Really? Dude, you've never even gone camping. That is sad." He states. I flinch slightly, hurt.

"Geez. Sorry I didn't do something." I state, rolling my eyes. He doesn't know. He doesn't know.

"I mean, you should do those things on there." He says. "So I'm here to help." He says, a smile growing his features.

I stay silent, confused.

Then it clicks.

"Oh, no, really n-"

"Oh yes, really yes." He says brightly. "You're always alone, you never go out, you have a sad look in your eyes. I want to get you to do those things on your list. I'm here to help. Call me godsent." he says.

"More like hell's angel." I correct him.

"At least I'll still be attractive." He says, running a hand through his hair, making it even messier if possible. I laugh once, quietly. What a lame line. "So you in or not?" He asks, holding out a hand. I stare at it. "Come on, Ally. It'll be fun. Live for once. Get out there. You only get a certain amount of time on earth, might as well use it." He says, instantly reminding me of Melinda.

Caught me at a moment of weakness.

I hold out my hand, and shake his.

"..Deal."

-----------