Chapter 40. The Funeral

Začít od začátku

I barely remember a thing about them, But I remember one thing. Jeff was once normal, I remembered how we used to do all kinds of things together and how I loved it. I don't remember much but . . . I remember the feeling I get when I was with him.

I kinda miss it, how we used to play together and stuff but being like that is impossible now, I fucking hate Jeff, I loathe him. I wish he could just die, he killed our family and now that I've managed to pick up the pieces of my miserable life, he comes back to ruin it again.

Come to think of it, I used to have a crush on him. It was so wrong, we're related but I guess it was just a harmless crush, we were too young and stupid though he's a nice guy before. It's weird, he used to care about me so much. Wait, he still cares about me! Cares about making my life like fucking hell!

What the hell happened to him?

He suddenly snapped- Well, not suddenly, I wouldn't know. I tried my best to remember what happened and my thoughts flew to the time when we were in a new neighborhood, we were attacked by a bunch of punks and Jeff suddenly resorted to violence, which he never did back then.

A lot of things flooded back to my mind as I thought hardly, I was shot, Jeff was beaten up and burned while Liu's in jail. I couldn't explain how I glad I am now that I remember, it's because of that incident. Jeff stayed at the hospital for a long time and I had to stay at the bitch Mrs. Johnson's parents' farm. When I came back . . . That's when my life had completely changed.

I wonder what would happened if Jeff didn't become a killer. It seems really great . . . It's something that I can't have. A normal life, what a joke . . .

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

I locked the door and collapsed on the couch, I'm so damn tired . . . I stayed out for too long and now I can't feel my legs because of the cold, wearing a dress on winter is a big No.

I sat up and stared at nothing, my thought were all about my life.

I feel numb.

Kevin's really gone now, he's buried under six feet of dirt, it's like everything's over. What scares me is that what if I forget him? He isn't in the morgue anymore, which means there's no reason for me to keep him in my mind.

I heard distant sounds of footsteps gradually becoming louder behind me, "That dress looks good on you."

Oh great, just what I fucking needed.

Jeff sat down on the other end of the couch, I immediately stood up and sat on the lone chair without even bothering to say or look at him.

"So how was the funeral?" He gave me a sick grin.

"Jeff . . ." I mumbled, staring at the floor, "I . . . don't have time for your bullshit . . ."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Do I have to make an appointment?" He sarcastically retorted. I gave him a deadpanned look before sighing.

I stood up and walked pass him, "Leave me alone." I hissed as I made my way up to my room. I changed into my PJ's and laid on the bed, I haven't slept in a bed for a while, it's too big, not to mention the fact that this is where Kevin died because of the man in my freaking living room.

My stomach growled, I'm so hungry . . . I haven't had time to eat this morning since I was helping with the preparations of the funeral.

After tossing and turning around the bed for who knows how long, I decided to get something to eat, I'm not gonna cook. Just gonna get cereal or whatever food there is. I can't sleep like this.

I walked downstairs and flicked the lights open in the kitchen, I checked the cabinets but there's nothing. Luckily, there's bread on the table so I decided to eat it and maybe watch the news as well.